Two improvements to the PHP section of W3Shools

Neo

HiI use W3shools for PHP my studies, because I find the explanations as well as examples given on php.net to be confusing than helpful for my skill level.The lack of ability to experiment with code on php.net is also I thing I miss - luckily W3shools have this option when it comes to CSS and HTML(5), but not really for PHP !It would it be possible to make the php code examples in the try-it editor changeable ? - I suspect the reason why it isn't currently possible is due to security reasons, however, it would sure be a nice feature to have.Also, I often find the explanations given in the php references section to be lacking well explained examples - I don't feel this is the case for the CSS and HTML(5) section.As an example of too little explanation in the php reference section I can mention:PHP filter_var() Function - maybe I'm thick skulled, but I simply can't understand the provided example and why the output is what it is.That's all from me - I hope the W3Shools team will take my suggestions into consideration.

As far as the code editor goes, allowing people to run arbitrary code on the server is very unlikely to happen, there are too many security implications when people can do that.

Yes, I understand that there might be some problems with security and it is just a shame, because I'll bet that I'm not the only poor soul in here who learn by doing rather than just reading about it.

although it appears down at the moment, this is a decent resourcehttp://phpfiddle.org/

Thank you for providing the link to phpfiddle - I already know about that site as I have used it on a few occasions myself

I'll bet that I'm not the only poor soul in here who learn by doing rather than just reading about it.

It's easy enough to setup your own test environment. There are instructions in the PHP manual for installing everything manually, and there are packages that include a web server, PHP, MySQL, etc. PHP even includes its own web server, specifically for testing.