HTML table design

Paulieboy

I have created a calendar for my golf league and wish to color code the days that we play with a specific color and other events different colors. We play on a thursday so I would like to color code all thurdays "green" My question is, what would be the best and most professional way to do this? Would creating an external css file and giving each Thursday the same ID or class name? Would a Class designation be better? Would the following coding example be appropriate?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

CSS file:

.thursday

{

bgcolor: green;

}

HTML file:

<td class = "thursday">.......

Giving the <td> elements a class and using an external stylesheet works well.

The CSS rule for background color is background-color, not bgcolor.

Thanks Foxy Mod.

Question:

I know that you can create an ID(#Name) and a Class(.Name) can I, or is there a way to give the beginning <td> tag a name of its own for "Thursdays"?

Example:

CSS file:

td.thursday

{

background-color: "green";

}

HTML file:

<td thursday........>

I'm trying to learn proper coding through experimentation, and asking alot of questions....lol

Thanks.

How about...

<!DOCTYPE html><html><head><style>td{width:40px;height:40px;border:1px solid #555;text-align:center;}td:nth-child(5){background-color:green;}</style></head><body><table><tr><td>S</td><td>M</td><td>T</td><td>W</td><td>R</td><td>F</td><td>S</td></tr><tr><td>S</td><td>M</td><td>T</td><td>W</td><td>R</td><td>F</td><td>S</td></tr></table><p><b>Note:</b> Internet Explorer 8 and earlier versions do not support the :nth-child() selector.</p></body></html>

http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/sel_nth-child.asp

• 2 weeks later...