L8V2L thoughts on JavaScript...

L8V2L

Just my take on JavaScript... and etc... there are question I be asking which aren't question, but more of a... request of opinion/argument.MY OPEINION MATTER YOU DAM DIRTY APES... still haven't finish that movie: rise of the planet of the apes!!!!Okay my first opinion on JavaScript... in this thread a least:I feel as if... mind you, I'm not saying we should change it, but this to me better describe the relationship between the instance of the object's object prototype. with that said, instead of object prototype, it'll be better call object propagate(for the definition feature on http://dictionary.reference.com which state for the third definition: propagate-to transmit(hereditary features or elements)to, or through, offspring.)), instead of prototype, which mean model of for to from when reference to object's object prototype.Any opinions or and arguments?And please correct me on my term use!

Edited by L8V2L

Prototype is a perfectly accurate term for what it is. A prototype is a model on which copies are based.

My opinion about your learning of Javascript is that you're having trouble on your own, you need to sign up to a Javascript course to learn it properly and to have a tutor who can monitor your progress. You are learning things out of order and trying to understand advanced things without understanding the basics.

Prototype is a perfectly accurate term for what it is. A prototype is a model on which copies are based. My opinion about your learning of Javascript is that you're having trouble on your own, you need to sign up to a Javascript course to learn it properly and to have a tutor who can monitor your progress. You are learning things out of order and trying to understand advanced things without understanding the basics.

Don't have the money for that... neither my mom, I wish not to trouble her... plus read signature which should direct you to somewhere. It's hard for me to learn in an open environment. Even with this, I get sidetrack like you want believe... I'm doing my best, with what I have to work with; a busted up laptop, and the web.

I don't know what to do... any one know where I can go to next, I read the mdn document guide on javascript three times... I just feel like I'm not advancing, I like documentation read; description, and picture show example.

Is this a recursive function:

function work(){  var x = 5, y = 5;  x += y;  return(x);};work();

you tell us, as the topic of recursive functions has been discussed in one of your other threads in depth

Get a book and read it.

What book!!! I find my self liking documentation, than a amusement from the author. I want to read a documentation with picture.

anyone have any suggestions of college? Both campus and online, please thank you!Thanks for the link justsomeguy.

Edited by L8V2L

a lot is dependent on your area and what you can afford. I would do a google search for colleges in your area and start with that. many may offer an online program, but I think in class if much better for this kind of thing.

anyone have any SUGGESTIONS of college? Both campus and online, please thank you!

a lot is dependent on your area and what you can afford. I would do a google search for colleges in your area and start with that. many may offer an online program, but I think in class if much better for this kind of thing.

I have read through w3school html, css, and their next level 5 and 3, JavaScript, jquery, then I went back to JavaScript, and read it three time, then I read over mdn three times, and Microsoft guide on JavaScript two time, and advance one time, then I actually found the FREAKING MANUEL and read that. all of this was fundamental and intermediate... NOW I spent most of the day sSTILL SEARCHING FOR BASIC KNOWELDGE TO EXPLAIN TO ME THE BASIC AND IMPORTANT OF JAVASCRIPT!!!!!What are framewares? What are libraries? How are they JavaScript?I would rather work in the javaScript that I been studying and not an implementation of it if that what that is.Thanks for the link justsomeguy.

"Framework" and "library" refer to certain programs people made with normal Javascript. You shouldn't worry about frameworks and libraries.

Begin by learning how to do basic programming: if, while, for, and function.

I have read through w3school html, css, and their next level 5 and 3, JavaScript, jquery, then I went back to JavaScript, and read it three time, then I read over mdn three times, and Microsoft guide on JavaScript two time, and advance one time, then I actually found the FREAKING MANUEL and read that. all of this was fundamental and intermediate... NOW I spent most of the day sSTILL SEARCHING FOR BASIC KNOWELDGE TO EXPLAIN TO ME THE BASIC AND IMPORTANT OF JAVASCRIPT!!!!!What are framewares? What are libraries? How are they JavaScript?I would rather work in the javaScript that I been studying and not an implementation of it if that what that is.Thanks for the link justsomeguy.

I still don't know what you want from us. you ask for all the resources in the world to aid in your learning, we provide them , and it's still not enough. I'm not sure what you're expectations are, but if you thought this was going to be a 2 week thing, you really need to step back and re-asses the reality of the situation. programming takes years, not days, to master. get over it, read a book, and write some code. the one thing you should be doing, you aren't. I don't know any other way to say it.

"Framework" and "library" refer to certain programs people made with normal Javascript. You shouldn't worry about frameworks and libraries. Begin by learning how to do basic programming: if, while, for, and function.

I wasn't going to respond to this, I saw it earlier... I don't know if your joking... I have read three manual on JavaScript, not saying I understand everything... It just... pretend you are me who wrote that post you respond to, and then you came back to read this "Begin by learning how to do basic programming: if, while, for, and function." if(condition){action};[else if, else], for(initial; condition; increment){action};, while(initial; condition;){increment}[do while];, function funcName(parameter0, etc){action};, var varName = function(){};, var varName = function funcName(){}; var varName = new Function(){};, var varName = (function(){})();, var varName = (function(){}()); (function(){})();, (function(){}()); var varName = new Function();I'm not saying I know the stuff, I still want to learn the basic, I still want to read more manual document guides on JavaScript. I want a strong foundation of JavaScript, when I ask question, I need for you to please answer them... it's up to you, but just don't respond with a non answer to my question... again it's up to you. I'm asking of knowledge, don't turn someone away from their question when they are in search for knowledge....you know after writing this I read your begin sentence over again, and now I'm see that you probably mean that, learn the use for which you would use these in basic programming... is that right?PLEASE I NEED MORE I NEED MORE MANUAL DOCUMENT GUIDES ON JAVASCRIPT!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!Please. Edited by L8V2L

I'm not joking, most of your trouble with more advanced concepts is that you seem to have a misunderstanding of much more basic concepts.

I can ask you to do a simple task to show that you know some concepts:

Make a function that takes two parameters: An array and a string. If the array has the string in it then return true. Return false if the string is not in the array.

The simple answer to all your questions is that you need more experience, not knowledge. As you've said you've read a number of manuals numerous times but the knowledge doesn't seem to sink in because you lack the experience in Javascript. Computers have all the intelligence, all the knowledge in the world but they have no understanding of what it means. You, the Programmer, is charged with possessing the wisdom help create marvelous things, harnessing their knowledge. No manual is ever gonna teach you how to do that, it is something you need to obtain through experience.

A strong foundation in programming is experience, not knowledge. In this day and age, knowledge is easily accessible, its knowing what you should do with it that is important. When you come across a major problem and things hit the fan its experience that will pull you through. You should just practice on simple scripts for now. Practice will trump just raw studying. As the saying goes:

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

Start a simple project and work on it. You don't need to know everything in the world right now. Look up the manuals when you get stuck, because when you need to understand it the most, then you'll most likely remember and understand it. Not only will this improve your understanding and skill in JavaScript, but a number of these fundamentals will also apply to other languages as well.

I don't know everything in JavaScript, but then again I don't need to in order to make awesome scripts.

• Like 2

I'm not joking, most of your trouble with more advanced concepts is that you seem to have a misunderstanding of much more basic concepts. I can ask you to do a simple task to show that you know some concepts:Make a function that takes two parameters: An array and a string. If the array has the string in it then return true. Return false if the string is not in the array.

When I read this... it was like I was reading the code that compose together to performance this action... some of them going
var numb= ["0", 1, "2", 3, "4"];var word = {};var letter = "0";delete(x = 0);function compare(arr, str){var x = 0;for( x in arr[x]){if(x === str){return("true");}else if(x !== str){return("false");}}};compare(numb, letter);

The simple answer to all your questions is that you need more experience, not knowledge. As you've said you've read a number of manuals numerous times but the knowledge doesn't seem to sink in because you lack the experience in Javascript. Computers have all the intelligence, all the knowledge in the world but they have no understanding of what it means. You, the Programmer, is charged with possessing the wisdom help create marvelous things, harnessing their knowledge. No manual is ever gonna teach you how to do that, it is something you need to obtain through experience. A strong foundation in programming is experience, not knowledge. In this day and age, knowledge is easily accessible, its knowing what you should do with it that is important. When you come across a major problem and things hit the fan its experience that will pull you through. You should just practice on simple scripts for now. Practice will trump just raw studying. As the saying goes: "An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong." Start a simple project and work on it. You don't need to know everything in the world right now. Look up the manuals when you get stuck, because when you need to understand it the most, then you'll most likely remember and understand it. Not only will this improve your understanding and skill in JavaScript, but a number of these fundamentals will also apply to other languages as well. I don't know everything in JavaScript, but then again I don't need to in order to make awesome scripts.

But I still want to keep refreshing, so I would love to find new manual that deliver the same information(extra optional) in the same structure of that of a document, manual, guide structure, with a lot of example, but a little different to have something new to read.Anyone seen the new movie of the spin off of the rise of the planet of the ape?!?!?http://youtu.be/hVXYl1URtmYWATCH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Edited by L8V2L