referer check not working

funbinod

i'm trying to check before going to login page it should be checked if it is activated or not. if someone tries to access 'login.php' directly, it should be forwarded to 'chkactivation.php'. for this i tried--

// login.php$ref = $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'];if ($ref != 'http://localhost/ac/chapat/chkactivation.php') {	die(header("location: chkactivation.php"));}

but it says "This page can't be displayed" as if it didn't find the page (login.php) in spite of redirecting to 'chkactivation,php'.

where m i wrong? please guide.. or suggest some better idea...

header() should not be inside die(). you can use header() to redirect and the may call die()

Well, I forgot header() does return void. I recalled it would return boolean (on success/failure) and thought different thing. NVM.

Back to your problem. "This page can't be displayed" does it show error 404?

I am not sure from where you get the error message. if page does not exist it would show error 404. currently it will try to redirect to file named chkactivasion.php on same directory as login.php. make sure file URI is correct.

i wonder for same. file name is perfect. no error.

let me explain u the error that is happening...

i added the above line to 'login.php'. after adding the lines, 'login.php' fails to load and gives the error msg. removing the lines, 'login.php' opens correctly. if it was only the case of wrong file name 'chkactivation.php', it should al least redirect to the file and not open. but its not redirecting to the <header("location: chkactivation.php")>.

Edited by funbinod