colon in the enclosure tag for RSS

bigt95nt0110

That's called a namespace. It means the tag isn't from RSS, but from their own custom schema. You can probably find more information about the schema by finding the URL shown in the xmlns:enc attribute in the root element.

Below is a snipit of code that I got from SimplePie that is suppose to parse an enclosure for it's contents, but when I run it I get a blank page. I know that the feed has enclosure tags present. What am I missing?

$feed = new SimplePie();$feed->set_feed_url('http://simplepie.org/blog/feed/');$feed->init();$feed->handle_content_type();foreach ($feed->get_items() as $item){    foreach ($item->get_enclosures() as $enclosure)    {        echo $enclosure->embed();    }}

A blank page usually comes from a fatal error that's being supressed. You can add the following code to the beginning of your page during debugging in order to see errors:

<?phpini_set('display_errors', 1);error_reporting(E_ALL);

I have a guess as to what the error might be, though.

Have you forgotten to include the file that defines the SimplePie() class?

Below is the full code I'm running.

<?phpinclude_once('../autoloader.php');ini_set('display_errors', 1);error_reporting(E_ALL);$feed = new SimplePie();$feed->set_feed_url('http://simplepie.org/blog/feed/');$feed->init();$feed->handle_content_type();foreach ($feed->get_items() as $item){    foreach ($item->get_enclosures() as $enclosure)    {        echo $enclosure->embed();        echo "here<br>"    }}?>

The loop executes for each $enclosure but no output but "here"