Javascript

aniketpunk

could you elaborate on what you mean by "real coding stuff"? To be clear, w3schools is a reference first and foremost, not a substitute for classes and formal learning. Many sites offer a class / lesson plan oriented approach. w3schools is not one of them.

I think W3S is more example-based while Code Academy provides sets of assigned-tasks. Either approach can be educational if you pay attention and then write your own code to prove out your understanding of the material.

I've never studied "web programming" specifically, just programming in general. I have a degree in computer science. I've taught myself Javascript, ASP, and PHP through reading books and things like that. If you're looking for web design work then there are several freelancing sites, such as elance. There are also several forums for posting jobs or advertising your services.

Same ^.

I went to school for programming and was self taught on a number of web based programming languages. I also actively read books and online references about related topics

* Continuous Integration / Delivery / Deployment

* build tools (grunt, node, phing)

* design patterns

* coding conventions and best practices

* release management

* servers and environment maintenance

I also attend conferences and talk with my co-workers a lot. But mostly I just do. I am programming all the time. Both at work and on my own.

And if you're like me(refer to signature that will refer you to picture) you can exclude yourself from the world, and as they said, obsess over programming.

Wow guys...great..Well I am pursuing degree in IT engineering...I was searching for some guidance in extra-curricular activities like web programminh..Can you guys guide me the essential courses and certifications which will be helpful in future :)

More so you'll have to help yourself. We'll help when can, but we're not going to hold your hand. There are many books you could read, if you have a question post it. But other than that, when it come to programming it's more of a self taught process. But like I said, if you have a question, ask in one of the appropriate forum's topic area.So fellow novice, what sorcery language/languages are you learn, or aiming to learn?

Edited by L8V2L

More so you'll have to help yourself. We'll help when can, but we're not going to hold your hand. There are many books you could read, if you have a question post it. But other than that, when it come to programming it's more of a self taught process. But like I said, if you have a question, ask in one of the appropriate forum's topic area.So fellow novice, what sorcery language/languages are you learn, or aiming to learn?

Uh Well...Currently learnt HTML5,CSS..learning Jquery...Its just I will learn anything which will help me in future for getting a job ..

HTML and CSS aren't programming languages, it's easy enough to learn those by looking at examples, viewing the source of existing web pages, changing things around to see what happens, and reading through references and things like that. If you want to learn Javascript or PHP or another programming language, or programming in general, then it's probably good to read some books about the specific language you're trying to learn, but also some general programming books.There's a list of software engineering books here:http://shop.oreilly.com/category/browse-subjects/programming/software-engineering.do?sortby=bestSellers&sortType=1Or books by language or topic:http://shop.oreilly.com/category/browse-subjects/programming.doIf you're in school now, you might also want to sign up for one or two introductory computer science courses.

Uh Well...Currently learnt HTML5,CSS..learning Jquery...Its just I will learn anything which will help me in future for getting a job ..

JSG is giving you some great resource, but if you had or have your heart out to learn CSS and HTML, then do so. Those language are the structure of the web(in my opinion) programming isn't just a skill to learn(it's a life style to live by( in my opinion). More so I see it as a community of different sub-communities standing behind different language helping each other. I came into this world blind on the language I should learn, so far I am happy with what I choices. Follow your sense, the language(in my opinion) imitate the programmer persona. Etc, etc , etc. have fun learning. Edited by L8V2L