Drawing app: HTML5 or Flash?

???

So I've got this conundrum for a web-based drawing app I'm trying to have made. It's one where users can connect in real-time to draw with each other in the same space (like an interactive whiteboard). This has been done plenty of times in Flash (sites like FlockDraw). But how practical would it be in HTML? Trouble is, I've had difficulty finding the right sort of ActionScripters for the job, the program would then require Flash which isn't always available (iPhone, iPad...), and mobile compatibility is quite important. On the other hand DRM is virtually nonexistent on HTML, certainly not near the security Flash offers if that were needed. I'm also skeptical how Canvas would perform, and ultimately the image quality compared to Flash. An HTML program called Sketchpad is excellent at this, but how would that fare with many users online? Any advice is most appreciated.

HTML5 is the better option. Flash is becoming obsolete. Flash doesn't have DRM either. Anybody can use a Flash decompiler to take your source code, from my experience even 14-year-olds have enough knowledge to decompile a Flash program. If you want to protect your source code, use the legal resources at your disposition.

Here's an HTML5 based version of the application: http://iscribble.net/

• 2 weeks later...