VB Script That Detects if A Specific Excel File is Open

TheGreenGentleman

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to move away from Task Scheduler as my trigger for opening an Excel file. The problem there is it has a minimum of 5 min interval (I need at least 30 sec) and If the process of the initial instance of the Excel file is longer than the usual that after 5 min another instance executes it messes up my memory bandwidth. What I want is to use VB Script that first check if a particular Excel file is open if yes then wait for another 30 sec to check.Question: What is the right syntax/code for detecting a specific Excel file and loops every 30 sec. But I also want to be able to end the loop if I want to.Here is my current code:

Gateway TimeoutRequestURI=http://timeentry/Set Recordset = CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset") ConnString = "DRIVER={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver}; SERVER=PHMNWWKS027604; DATABASE=db_skusetup; " &_"UID=root;PASSWORD=; OPTION=3"'Check for Export Query'Recordset.ActiveConnection = ConnString exportSQL = "SELECT * FROM tb_queue_export WHERE request_status = 'Pending' ORDER BY request_id DESC LIMIT 1"Recordset.Open exportSQLSet objExcelExtract = CreateObject("Excel.Application")Set objWorkbookExtract = objExcelExtract.Workbooks.Open("C:Usersushuam00DesktopLAPTOP.xlsx")	If objWorkbookExtract.ReadOnly then		if Recordset.Fields(3) <> "" then					end if	end iftest= MsgBox(Recordset.Fields(3),3,Recordset.EOF)Recordset.Close

ReadOnly is not doing it for me.

It looks like there is a discussion here:https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/436f3c51-b05d-41b5-91da-066b54fdfee2/check-if-the-file-is-open-using-vb-script?forum=ITCGIt looks like you can use the WScript.Sleep method to tell your script to sleep for a certain number of milliseconds.