python.exe application

hisoka

I am an absolute beginner in python .

I downloaded :

Python 3.5.0a3 - 2015-03-30

from this page :

https://www.python.org/downloads/windows/

the download was successful but when I double clicked on the python application installed in my computer , it says :

python.exe is not a valid w32 application

I have windows 32 bits service pack 3

I am stuck . Any help would be appreciated .

Python is successfully installed without any error . However when I double clicked on both applications one after another ; the first is

"python" and the second is "pythonw" , a box appeared in which is mentioned : for the first : python.exe is not a valid Win32 application

for the second : pythonw.exe is not a valid Win32 application

but how ? normally when I try to install an 64 bit application a box appears saying your computer does not support 64 bit application and the installation is aborted but in our case the installation was successful and besides I did not choose 64 bit application I chose

Windows x86 web-based installer and not this :

Windows x86-64 web-based installer

why would the installer installed an 64 bit version if it is not stated in the link and without my consent and without my computer triggering an error !!?

why would the installer installed an 64 bit version if it is not stated in the link

Because the installer is broken.

without my computer triggering an error !!?

The installer can be a 32-bit application even if the application that it is installing is 64-bit.You should ask these questions on the Python site.

"Because the installer is broken."

I installed many 32 bit programs with my computer installer without any problem and they worked perfectly so I do not think that my computer installer is broken :)

"The installer can be a 32-bit application even if the application that it is installing is 64-bit."

You mean that my computer installer will consider an 64 bit application as a 32 bit application and install it as a 32 bit application although , in reality , it is not !?

"You should ask these questions on the Python site"

I will . Could you suggest me another site from which I can download a 32 bit application python for windows xp . A site that you evaluate as good ,

I installed many 32 bit programs with my computer installer without any problem and they worked perfectly so I do not think that my computer installer is broken

Your computer does not have an installer. You downloaded the Python installer from the Python web site. Maybe that installer doesn't work right.

Could you suggest me another site from which I can download a 32 bit application python for windows xp . A site that you evaluate as good ,

I don't do python development, I can't recommend something for you. I would use the official site personally.

"Your computer does not have an installer"

my operating system or any operating system does not have its own installer ?!

All these applications I have downloaded until now come with their own installer embedded in them ?

"I don't do python development"

why not ?

Please , tell me what is better Java or python ? I know that the most powerful language is C/C++ C/CLC

and if Java is better than python , how could I have Java in my windows xp computer if we know that Java does not support windows xp anymore? I have only windows xp

Correct.

All these applications I have downloaded until now come with their own installer embedded in them ?

Most do. Some don't use an installer.

why not ?

I've just never learned it.

Please , tell me what is better Java or python ?

Better for what? If one thing was always better then there wouldn't be two things.

we know that Java does not support windows xp anymore?

I don't know if Sun is still releasing the JDK for Windows XP or not, I haven't used XP in many years.

Correct.

what about windows installer :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Installer

The Windows Installer (previously known as Microsoft Installer[3]) is a software component used for the installation, maintenance, and removal of software on modern Microsoft Windows systems

windows installer is a component of windows operating system

That's one option that people can use when packaging their programs for installation. There are other options also. If you download a .MSI file then it is packaged for and opened with that installer. The python installation program is not a .MSI file, it is a .EXE file.