brick & mortar SQL class

sacrophyte

I love what w3schools is doing with the SQL tutorial - good stuff. I noticed that one of the most fundamental elements of w3schools (the "Try it now" button) goes missing about half-way through the SQL Tutorial. May I ask why? :)

I teach sql at a local community colleg. I have gone through several textbooks with mixed results, and I am always keeping my eyes open for new ways to teach. I would love to incorporate w3schools SQL tutorial into my class; do you have a db dump available for download of the tables you use? One of my lessons will be having students figuring out how to get the data from the tutorial into a local database, but having the entire dataset available up front would be handy. If such a db dump is not available, no worries - easy enough to generate one. :)

Thanks again for your time and attention.

They don't allow you to try any SQL commands that would actually modify the database because that would allow people to hack the server. Only reading commands, such as SELECT can be used.

I don't think the W3Schools staff provides any way to download their test databases. You'll just have to build your own.