Some people...

scott100

Ok so i was browsing the web looking up XML tutorials as you do and came across this site: http://www.xmlfiles.com/xml/All of the examples are taken from the w3schools site, looks like a complete copy and paste job.Granted on the Table of Contents they credit w3schools "by Jan Egil Refsnes" but are they authorised to use this content? They even copied the buttons :) This realy annoyed me, not only copying the tutorial word for word but calling their site www.xmlfiles.com then not even using their own content. :) What's the point, really? :)

Why can't they write their own tutorials? Do they intend to beat us in the search ratings by hacking then take all our advert money? Or maybe they will pay to have their site lifted in the search engines. I don't know. All I know is that I don't like it.

Are they even authorized to use the content
Email w3schools at the help w3schools page. They will answer the question. Maybe he sold the one tutorial. Maybe he knows the guy. There are alot of possibilitys.

Well if it makes you feel better they may lose page rank because it's the same content as W3Schools and W3Schools gets more visitors and has a higher page rank...just came to my mind (something I remember hearing)