Creating Views in Access?

Jeff Greenlee

Hi, I'm new to this forum.. I was checking out the little tutorial here on SQL.. I used to use it all the time 4 years ago, but I'm a little rusty so I'm oiling the joints so to speak.. (says tinman!) Anyway, the end of the advanced section mentions creating views in the Northwind database. So I opened up Nortwind in my trusty Access and tried running the SQL query: CREATE VIEW [Current Product List] ASSELECT ProductID,ProductNameFROM ProductsWHERE Discontinued=NoSeems simple enough.. but I get an error: "Syntax error in CREATE TABLE statement." does Access allow you to create views? Or am I jest a little too far behind the eight ball?Jeff

As far as I know, it's not possible... But I was not sure so I have just tried it, and Access gave me the same error as you... you should better use something like sql server

Yeah... geez! you'd think MS would want to standardize the use of SQL, woudn't you? When I look at some of its "wizard" driven SQL statements they look terrible! (sigh!) well.. for now I don't have SQL server at home... so I guess I'll have to wait till I get acess to it. :)