I haven't laughed....

aspnetguy

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't bought none of it. this article which you can find as the second result from google confirmed my suspicions.
I like this one:
OK, if you take all the letters in Bill Gates III and then convert it in ASCII code (American standard code for information interchange) and then ADD up all the numbers...you will get 666, which is the number of the beast!!! B = 66I = 73L = 76L = 76G = 71A = 65T = 84E = 69S = 83I = 1I = 1I = 1__ = 666 !!!! THE NUMBER OF THE DEVIL
Since when is ASCII I equal to 1? If you're going to convert characters to ASCII, you can't just pick and choose which ones you want to convert to make your little numerology example work. ASCII 1 is a "start of heading" character, I is 73. So the ASCII value of "BILLGATESIII" is 882. Something to ponder, right?

some people have nothing better to do than sit around and think this stuf up :) it is rather quite sad. Really who cares, you can say anthing is the number of the devil (or anyother thing) if you come up with your own system.

yup.its just rather interesting nonetheless.its really a sidetrack from the real mark of the beast which i will not dare get into in this forum :)but i have a rule of thumb nevertheless:-->'the average rumour may not be entirely true, but if u look keenly enough, there are almost, always even a little truth in them.' this is not attached to the above- its just a general statement.

That's a ###### of a word. The bible says 666 is both the number of man and the number of the beast. It's the number of a man, but I already forgot the Emperor's name from the last time aspnetguy told me.

It is often quipped that 667 is "the Neighbour of the Beast" although this is possibly country-dependent as 668 (and 664) would be next property on the same side of the street in most, but not all, countries (assuming that the neighbours referred to are next-door neighbours). There are also at least two filk songs on this topic. Additional quips suggest that 1-888-666-6666 is "the Toll-Free Number of the Beast", $665.99 is "the Retail Price of the Beast", 00666 is "the ZIP Code of the Beast", 0.666 is "the Number of the Millibeast", Route 666 is "the highway of the Beast", 6.5013 is "the natural logarithm of the Beast", 333 a half-assed devil, the root of all evil being √666 = 25.8069, etc
And we all know that VIVIVI is the text editor of the beast.

The mark of the beast has absolutely nothing to do with the devil!! Why do people insist on saying that? It is the mark of humans!! ...
reportingsjr, you are still very young and have much to learn as you grow. don't give the devil reasons to smile with uninformed statements like that. who do you think the devil uses to attack humans and get his way with us?bang! other humans. that is why there are murderers, thieves, liars, etc. there are only TWO sides is this world- good and bad. there is no middle ground!!! and once you are not on the good side, you'll be influenced by the bad to do evil. when it all boils down, it doesnt have so much to do with us humans, but the devil fulfilling his evil deeds.

That's a ###### of a word. The bible says 666 is both the number of man and the number of the beast. It's the number of a man, but I already forgot the Emperor's name from the last time aspnetguy told me.And we all know that VIVIVI is the text editor of the beast.
Nero is the name of the emperor. However, I remember reading in school that there is some debate as to the actual value of the number - whether it was 666 or 616.

there are only TWO sides is this world- good and bad. there is no middle ground!!!
You know, that's exactly the same uncompromising reason why the US is in trouble in Iraq. You're either with us or against us, no middle ground, says Bush, "the uniter" (as his campaign slogan went). There should always be a middle ground. If a young woman is going to die while giving birth to a deformed child, is it ok to abort the child? A lot of people are violently opposed to abortion, but what if abortion is necessary to save a life? What if the woman whose life it will save is a single mother, it will save the lives of her children as well if she lives.I don't expect answers to these questions, I'm just trying to point out that everything is no black and white. A little compromise does a lot of good in certain situations.

You know, that's exactly the same uncompromising reason why the US is in trouble in Iraq. You're either with us or against us, no middle ground, says Bush, "the uniter" (as his campaign slogan went). There should always be a middle ground.... I'm just trying to point out that everything is no black and white. A little compromise does a lot of good in certain situations.
and u r right- "in certain situations". there are certain things in life that will require some compromising to succeed- such as a marriage. but there are others where compromising becomes dangerous. u should NOT compromise in 'everything'. "If you stand for nothing you will fall for anything." always remember that!

Cliches are great...but it is different when it comes time to put it into action. There are times to not comprimise but there are times when it is necessary. an example being just because you don't think George Bush is the best thing that happened to the world that doesn't mean you are anti-US/Freedom/Democracy....as he seems to think.

I hate when people try to tell me what I know and I don't know. I think I am going to become an Atheist. Forget all of that bible stuff for me! Im just glad I got out of church school. So from now on I am trying to forget all of that stuff. How can you be so sure of anything? It is amazing how ignorant people can be!

Cliches are great...but it is different when it comes time to put it into action. There are times to not comprimise but there are times when it is necessary. an example being just because you don't think George Bush is the best thing that happened to the world that doesn't mean you are anti-US/Freedom/Democracy....as he seems to think.
Bush said fairly recently that "[t]here is no honor in retreat" (regarding Iraq). Now, maybe I'm taking this out of context, but I've read the Art of War and various other books regarding military strategy and I've read about great battles that have occurred in the world, and sometimes you just can't win unless you back off. I would say there is no honor in sticking out a course of action out of pride or ego. But again, perhaps I read that out of context.
It's not ignorance, it's faith. Faith is understanding that you don't have the answers but knowing that there is still a reason, ignorance is not even knowing the question.
Well put.

Sounds a bit like Stalin. Will they shoot their own soldiers for retreating :)
Omg, I just heard on NPR today an analogy between Bush and some Roman emperor during the zenith of the Holy Roman Empire. It spoke about "Either you're with us or you are against us". I'll try to find the link, but when Bush said it, it was practically a direct quote from the emperor.Also, I found this in the Art of War:
The general who advances without coveting fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do good service for his sovereign, is the jewel of the kingdom.

I am sorry justsomeguy. I meant arrogance. That is a better word to describe what I meant.
Yeah, arrogance is a trait sometimes observed in the highly religious. I just don't like it when someone who doesn't know the first thing about me feels qualified to tell me how to live my life.