Main Menu Having Issues in Mobile/Responsive

m_hutchins

Hello All,

(I'm not quite sure where the problem derives from, so I'm just posting this in the General section)

Here's the problem I've been having with some sites. The main navigation with drop down menus when they're responsive/mobile menus. For instance this site I'm currently working on: communicationsexpress.oiw9.com.

Minus the top level "about us" btn, (for now I took the link off of the top level "about us" button and added an "about us home" btn at the bottom of the drop down.) the top level btn's all link to the index pages of their sections. Great. Now, when you shrink the screen or go to mobile version and the "hamburger" menu pops up, I'm having some conflict with those top level btn's when there linked. On some devices, if you click on the top level btn, instead of the drop down showing first then clicking on what link you want, it just goes to that btn's link. If that makes sense.

Basically, I'm trying to figure out a work around so that main btn works properly in mobile versions and not have to have a "page home page" btn for each top level section btn. Or at least not have that on the main site and possibly just have that on maybe a separate mobile menu...which might be a pain in the ###### to try to use separate menus.

Any and all suggestions and help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

mh

If you're making a mobile-ready site then stay away from hover effects. You can point at something on your phone all day long and it's not going to trigger a hover effect, you have to actually touch your phone. Make the events click or touch events instead of hover events.

Without going in-depth into the code to see if it's treating different devices or browsers differently, the most obvious reason is just because they're different browsers. They could use different rules, they could interpret specifications differently, etc. Mobile Safari might treat a hover event the same as a click event, other browsers might ignore the hover event because it doesn't apply to a mobile device.