new format

crazyswede

See site: ccs2468.com/santa/aspquestion.txt

I need you to show me how to open a data file for the *.accdb file format. Here's how I do it for *.mdb (2003) format - .var RelativePathToAccessFile = databasename;  var AbsolutePathToAccessFile = Server.MapPath( RelativePathToAccessFile );  var FSO = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject");  var ConnectionString = "PROVIDER=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;DATA SOURCE=" + AbsolutePathToAccessFile + ";";  var ConnectionObject = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection");  ConnectionObject.Open( ConnectionString );  var sql = "SELECT * FROM table1"; var rs = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.RecordSet");  rs.Open (sql, ConnectionObject); .For years I used Access2010 to create and edit files used by my ASP scripts; everything was in the *.mdb (2003) format. Now I have Access2013, and it creates files in the *.accdb format - that my scripts can't read. Sure, I can reformat the file into the old format, but that's sort of like devolution.

do you have a question? Otherwise, this looks like a spam post. (I didn't both to click on that link as there is no immediate reason as to why I should as it related to answering a programming question)

You probably just need to change the connection string:

http://www.connectionstrings.com/access-2010/

This page talks about an error also:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/926939

Linking to a text file with your question is not the best way of using this forum. If that URL goes away, for example, then the question is gone. The reason why posting the questions here along with the answer is better is so that people can find answers for their questions in the future.