WePro - My (w3schools) TryIt

dustcomposer

I've just created a really simple online editor for HTML, Javasacript and CSS in "w3schools tryit" style.

I call it WePro. The title stands for Web Programming, so, it doesn't mean I'm a pro developer.

Feedback are welcome as this is one of my lesson in learning web programming.

Please visit: WePro

Hit "Run" to execute. The Code area is draggable and you can toggle it by clicking the "WePro title above the page.

Is this any good?

Edited by dustcomposer

UPDATE: New look, address and functions. The link was moved to: Here

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No help/doc pages yet..

Please visit WePro. Click the 'book' icon (snippets). A list of some titles will show up, click one of the titles.

I want to get permission to include w3schools TryIt editor codes as snippet or a template for users to begin experiment.

I will try to contact w3schools author for this. Meanwhile, you can join me to improve WebPro or contribute some snippets.

WebPro was designed to be a learning tool for beginner programmers.

Any advice?

Thanks!

This looks like a useful tool, with a pleasant modern user interface, simple and easy to use on first visit.

I would like to suggest one or two improvements:

1. It would be useful to be able to save code as a .css or .js file - perhaps a choose file extension feature could be added?
  2. The position of the About and Snippets dialog boxes can be annoying - perhaps a way to move them around?

Meanwhile, I can't quite figure out how the timer snippet is meant to work - it seems to only produce a Stop button with no timer visible.

The basic editor is great though - these are minor concerns.

Hi,

thanks for the kind words, Dominic!

1. yes, it's doable.

2. I agree, their position is awkward indeed. I will think something to change that.

3. You can see the timer snippets result on the browser console. I will change that as well.

thanks again!