desperately need CSS help!

kithri2

Hello and I desperately need some help with CSS as I am really lost and have read that CSS tutorial I don't know how many times, but something just isn't clicking. I've got the HTML down and have written a web site in HTML in Microsoft notepad, but I need a style sheet to make things look better before I upload the site to a web host. What I need is someone that really knows the CSS code and can explain things in text and not graphics as I am blind and using a screen reader and it doesn't read graphics. I think I have the basic idea of what it is supposed to do and I have the code written down for all the parts like the coloring, the font things, the background and link/visited links and headers and such. What I need to know is how to put it all together, what do I write where in the "head" and the body" and in what order. Is there a way to tie all the pages together with basically the same style sheet or do I need to write the code on each page? I really need some help here and this seemed like the best place to ask, so I hope someone can.

Also, what about the W3CSS, does that work better as I see some templates there to use, but I'm not exactly sure what it all means, again I have read and reread the tutorials on this. If I use one of the templates available, do I put that code inside my document or link to it as an outside source or exactly what?

This reminds me of algebra when I had to do that in school as I needed help with that stuff. I really wish I had grown up with computers as it's much easier to learn this stuff when younger than older, but the HTML isn't hard and I thought CSS wouldn't be either. Help, please.

Edited by kithri2