Pop Up Box

alwaysvaghu

Hello freinds,,,,,If u r using yahoo/msn messanger...then when some one gets onlineAt the bottom side one popup will say that this person is now online....I want to do that...I m creating on chatting module...lookin same as yahoo's chat window..like had a option of group chat..in one side online users.....it also adds in the list when user online....but i want to put the popup when somebody comes online.............vaghu....... :)

hi...Whole Application is created in Html with the help of php and javascript ......i think for creating the pop-up i must use javascript...actually i have put "window.open()" but there is a message coming Popup is blocked from this site...so what should i do

hi...i have just seen that url..but i have one problem......it is executed when u click on button...i dont want that......i mean i have php code in chat...and it is continuously checking whether any user in online or not...if the code find any online user..it should then show the popup...so u got it now..i think so...how can i automatically run that..without any knid of click....

JavaScript can do runtime, but only with variables in this case. You have to make sure PHP sends a request for a popup to JavaScript, while JavaScript can't check for online users, and PHP can't show a popup...Can you give us a link to the window opening page? Or an excample of the PHP script you wrote, so we can program or explain a program to do this.. :)

Hi, Padu :) So Plz Code like that Page is automaticalyy refresh at Some moment and Code of checking Execute Every TimeThat Code is <script type="text/javascript"> function reFresh() { location.reload(true) } window.setInterval("reFresh()",1000); </script>Vijay

here is kind of code with description...<?php$qry = "Select * from users where user_stat='1'"; //find the users from databse//some code here for checking other parameters..and this will find out two parameters "$flag" and "$diff"........if($flag==1 && $diff==0){ //Here i want to show POPUP}?>/////////////////////////////I Am Doin This but its not workin///if($flag==1 && $diff==0){ //Here i want to show POPUP?><script Language = "avascript"> alert(smthing)...// </script<?php}?>

This is a one-time only script, no runtime.You can call with JavaScript every second for instance, to a PHP script. Then it would be runtime, sort of. :)Try to make a function, that connects to the php script, after one second. The php script checks for online users, and passes back the results to the JavaScript (like with header("Location: file.js?online=no"). )If somebd do is online, rewrite the JavaScript with php, with an additional function that shows the popup.Is this understandable, or should I give an example?

This is a one-time only script, no runtime.You can call with JavaScript every second for instance, to a PHP script. Then it would be runtime, sort of. :)Try to make a function, that connects to the php script, after one second. The php script checks for online users, and passes back the results to the JavaScript (like with header("Location: file.js?online=no"). )If somebd do is online, rewrite the JavaScript with php, with an additional function that shows the popup.Is this understandable, or should I give an example?

I have already done that..thanx yaar "Dan the Proof"I m refreshing the page after 2 seconds