Implicit vs. Explicit Binding Rules

kenr0ck1

I have a question about the conceptual difference between binding an XML data element to a form object implicitly and doing so explicitly.

For example (and please forgive my novice explanation - I am new to XML) say I have a form object among others called "Name" and I want to bind it to an XML data element "Name." How do I do this conceptually through implicit binding and explicit binding?

Does this change at all if the XML data element is encrypted (the whole element, not just the value of the element)?

Thank you!

Are you sure you're talking about XML? Forms are HTML and the data they send is processed on the server-side by a scripting language such as PHP.

To be honest, I'm not completely sure. I'm reading a document (which is unfortunately proprietary, otherwise I would share) that talks about binding XML data elements to form objects. Maybe the code used to do such binding is not in XML but the data elements are described as being XML data.

The problem this document describes is that when the XML data becomes encrypted, it is difficult to correctly bind the form object to the correct data element. It proposes a solution, and then two sides argue whether that solution is involves ONLY implicit binding, or if the solution can be interpreted broadly enough to include explicit binding. I'm not sure what explicit or implicit binding conceptually and neither side provides a definition for either term.

Unfortunately, without more information I can't help you.

Perhaps you should ask the person who provided the documentation about it.