Is this proper use of <br/>

nyuille

Hello -

Trying to confirm if I can use <br/> this way, meaning is it best practice.

I have text like below, which is under an image in the website.

One thing that sets Mountain Village apart – <br/>and keeps us at number one on Trip Advisor – is <br/>
our gondola system. We provide this <br/>form of transportation to the public for free. Yes, free. <br/>
If you prefer to navigate through Mountain Village by <br/>car, you have a number of places to park within town limits, <br/>
though we do recommend you retire those <br/>car keys most days.
You can look at this website below and see the content under each of the 5 images.
I am trying to achieve this wrapping effect with <br/> or is there a better way to do this?

That's not a good way to use the <br> element, because the line break does not have any meaning in that text. The only good uses for <br> elements I can think of are poetry and for separating lines in a postal address.

If you want the text to wrap at a particular point, just change the width of the element that is containing the text.

Consider box 1.

I have an image, a link button, and text that should all be grouped together, so I have called this <div box1>.

.box1,.box2{
float: left;
width: 50%;
In order to size the text within this div, I think I need to put a class on it and call out its width separate from its parent since parent already has a width of 50%?

The text would be wrapped in a <p> element inside one of the boxes. You can set the width of the <p> element and set its left and right margins to "auto" to center it inside the column.