What are the other things to execute saved html script(using selenium ide) to play ,

jraju

Hi,

I am a beginner to selenium and gone thro, making script to run in selenium ide. I have tried and it works fine in selenium ide interface. I saved the script as file.html and saved in my computer. I just tried to log on to gmail account, by tutorial. When i tried the script, it opens the gmail of course, but failed in assertTitle command with some error. I just changed the assertNotTitle command to run without error. Is it correct? pl

Moreover, when i double click the html, the html code inside the file file.html opens , but not the web page. I do not know how to run the script in the absence of selenium ide interface. Do i think some more software and settings change to let the html play the script instead of showing the html tags.

Please tell me whether i have to install some more software from w3 school or elsewhere to play the html. I checked the association of files, with cmd command assoc.html , which gives .html=html file.

Please also tell, what is the assertTitle actual value page and why it loads the page, but shows as failed test case. Thank you experts