columns in web page displayed in iframe

johntsgi

I am new to web building and have built some pages. I have one that will build a tree view with JS and make 3 columns. However, when I link it via target="iframe_a", it has but 1 column and scrolling.

I just need a pointer in the right direction

Main Page

trying to do codeblocks, html stuff has dropped most of what I had... guess I should have left it...

<div class="main_col">
<iframe  src="main.html#view=FitH"  name="iframe_a" width="960px"
height="650px"  style="border:none"; style="padding:-50px" >
</iframe>
Edited by johntsgi

All I see is invalid html without doctype, misplaced tags, missing tags, so its is one big problem from the start, and until this is fixed we won't be able to sort the iframe problem, because what you currently have is most likely to be the problem!

Sorry, I was condincing the code down to pertinent stuff... so left off some basics.

I have adjusted the widths... and it has no improvement. I might be missing something. I only started about 3 weeks ago. copy and paste snippets and then modify greatly for what I need. Part of the code includes java script which I have not learned nor altered. CSS and HTML are where I believe the problem lies. Many things I am trying to link to have to be done in IE, and that may also be part of the issue.... Just learning and trying to make things simple...

Thank you. I did not know about such links. Most code was copied and adjusted to do what I was looking for, from different sources. This will be a big help, and since it tells the issue with the lines, I should learn a lot.

Thanks again. This is the kind of help I was looking for.