Bootstrap vs Media Queries

j.silver

Dear all,

Since bootstrap has container and container-fluid classes, does a heavy lifting, and is easy to use, I am inclined to think that css's media query has no advantage. I'd appreciate sharing any opposite opinion that sees usefulness/advantage in media queries.

That is true. I am trying to compare bootstrap vs css/media queries only in developing a responsive website. Do you see cases where a developer would tend not to use bootstrap (if one knows bootstrap) in preference to using css/media queries only in coding a responsive site?

• 2 years later...

Using media queries are a popular technique for delivering a tailored style sheet (responsive web design) to desktops, laptops, tablets, and mobile phones.

You can also use media queries to specify that certain styles are only for printed documents or for screen readers (mediatype: print, screen, or speech).

In addition to media types, there are also media features. Media features provide more specific details to media queries, by allowing to test for a specific feature of the user agent or display device. For example, you can apply styles to only those screens that are greater, or smaller, than a certain width.

for more information refer below link:

https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css3_pr_mediaquery.asp