How Is W3Schools Now ?

abdenacer_djouani

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Edited by Chikwado
W3schools forum does not seem to be supported to many device out there any more. Many things has been change in w3schools forum network which does not seem to work at all.

• 2 months later...

personally prefer the old design myself but I wouldn't say the new design is untidy.  its clean and easy enough to use, I might just be used to the old design and why I prefer it. 

I do remember the one from ten years back, when I was more of a browser of this site. I did like the older one.

At the end of the day I've only returned recently, and the longest since that time.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I tack it back something is wrong with w3scools  its like its not being maintained i also noticed that this site is not encrypted according to firefox it kind scares me a little

I had a  site not to long ago, I use to press the lock button on browser . the browser i would be using would warn me that my site wasn't safe. i didn't want people feeling insecure or feel like they shouldn't visit the site because of the browser warning ,  so I sprang the $70.00 bucks and encrypted it .As far as my passwords my passwords are so long i get time out  by the time i get done filling out the password field. , just kidding. i think this site is GRATE  .its something that is really needed for young developers and veterans. i have studied constantly  for yrs , i still don't know anything, virtually never talked to any one .came to the point my brain wanted to explode.  .this site gives people the opportunity to find the needle in the hey stack and help others in their journey. The Moderators here  know their stuff and if they don't they take the time to find out the answers  which is very commendable.   learning to code is like a bottomless pit there always more you need to know this is a great platform down the rabbit hole .Thank you  guys for all your hard work.

cheers

It would be nice if all sites were secure, Chrome is trying to push in that direction, but it's not always needed.  If you're just reading news, for example, there's no real reason to encrypt all of that.  The only reason that encryption would be useful here is when logging in and entering your password, other than that there's no real reason for it but it's good practice to just always do it.  It's not like it's "dangerous" to use a non-encrypted site, it just means there's a possibility that someone between you and the server might be able to see the data you're sending or receiving.  But, again, if the data doesn't matter, then it doesn't really matter if it's encrypted or not.

• 2 weeks later...

JSG:  

If you're just reading news, for example, there's no real reason to encrypt all of that. 

Sure there is, and please correct me, if I am wrong.  

Although it is nearly always possible to know what websites an individual has visited or is visiting, once a secure connection has been established it is "Oh, so difficult" to know what the person is viewing or doing on the website.  This greatly deters the kind of mass accumulation of data sought by governments and others around the world.

Roddy