Google Website Translator

xiecsuk

Has anyone tried to use the Google Website Translator gadget? I have created one and tried to include it in a website I am building. It translates the website OK but I appear to have very little control over where I can place it. I have tried many combinations to try and put it where I want it. Most times it is appearing under the Copyright row completely.

I am using the W3.CSS framework for the first time, a very good framework I might add, and want to place it a the bottom right corner of the website. The code that has given me the closest to what I want is as follows:

<footer>
<div class="w3-row">
<div class="w3-center w3-small">
Copyright ©<a href="blah blah blah blah"> BLAH</a> some years<br />
All rights reserved
<div class="w3-right">
<div id="google_translate_element"></div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</footer>

There is some script code also needed which I haven't included. As I said, that performs the translation OK..

The outcome is that the google element occupies 2 lines at the right hand end of the footer. That is correct. However, it is displaced downwards by one line. The copyright line is centred within the full width of the footer but the All rights reserved line is displaced to the left and centred in what remains of the footer width after deducting the width of the google element. This suggests that both lines of the footer would have been shifted left if the blank line wasn't there. It appears that the element is not obeying the rules or I have misunderstood how to use W3.CSS.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...