Wordpress and SEO - change description

harry_ord

Hello

I have a WordPress site and i'm using the YOAST plugin to change the description that appears on Google. Yoast give me the option to change this on every page, but it doesn't seem to work. Here's a picture where you can see what i'm talking about:

Is something missing? do i need to do something else?

post-175215-0-20856700-1485268756_thumb.jpg

I've checked google's cache for your website:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?sclient=psy-ab&q=cache%3Abrauli.cl&oq=cache%3Abrauli.cl&gs_l=serp.3...23583.24367.0.24565.6.6.0.0.0.0.122.456.3j2.5.0....1...1c.1.64.psy-ab..1.0.0.z82uRrvpp7U&pbx=1

The meta description tag is in the source code, so I suspect Google didn't like it and decided to find more substantial content. Try making a longer, more descriptive description and see what happens.

I've checked google's cache for your website:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?sclient=psy-ab&q=cache%3Abrauli.cl&oq=cache%3Abrauli.cl&gs_l=serp.3...23583.24367.0.24565.6.6.0.0.0.0.122.456.3j2.5.0....1...1c.1.64.psy-ab..1.0.0.z82uRrvpp7U&pbx=1

The meta description tag is in the source code, so I suspect Google didn't like it and decided to find more substantial content. Try making a longer, more descriptive description and see what happens.

I wrote a long lorem ipsum last night for the description last night and still doesn't appear. Should i wait more?

You can see Google's latest crawl of your site by searching for "cache:brauli.cl"

www.google.com/?q=cache:brauli.cl

It hasn't crawled your site again yet, it could take a week.

• 1 year later...