function open_win1()
{
}
</script>
<section id="Aankondiging">
<div onclick="open_win1()">
<table width="100%" border="0">
<tr>
<td class="TekstNieuwsvak" align="left"><p> </p><font color="#FFFFFF">Komende cursussen:<br><br>
<font color="#FFFFFF"><a href="PaginaActiviteiten.html#WRAP" target="_self">WRAP</a><br>
<font color="#FFFFFF"><a href="PaginaActiviteiten.html#WMEE" target="_self">WMEE</a><br>
<font color="#FFFFFF"><a href="PaginaActiviteiten.html#Herstelwerkgroep" target="_self">Herstelwerkgroep</a><br><br>
<font color="#0066CC">Meer informatie...</font><br><br></td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>
</section>

The whole section is clickable and the function opens a new page.

However in this section I have "sublinks" and how I want it to work is that when a link is clicked (see bold text) the page should open on it's anchor p.e. #WRAP #WMEE #Herstelwerkgroep

But this doesn't do what it should.

The click on the sublinks are treated the same way as clicking on the whole section.

My question is: How can I give the click on the "sublinks" priority on the click on the whole section?

Edited by dhcpeters

When assigning events through Javascript, an event object is passed through with information about what was clicked on.

Change your <div> element to have an identifier:

<div id="section-link">

Then add an event listener (this script has to be AFTER the div in the document):

<script>
document.getElementById("section-link").addEventListener("click", open_win1);
function open_win1(e) {
  // "e" contains information about the event
  // e.target refers to the element that was clicked on
  // Only open the window if the clicked element does not have an href attribute
  if(!e.target.hasAttribute("href")) {
     window.open("http://www.dekentering.info/PaginaActiviteiten.html", "_self");
  }
}
</script>

There are many different ways to identify the element, you could also check that e.target == e.currentTarget, where currentTarget refers to the <div> element and e.target is the element that was clicked on.

On every event click within that div it checks if that element that was clicked 'DOES NOT HAVE' denoted by '!' a 'href' attribute, like all the anchor sub-links, if it does not! It can only be the div element area itself, so it should open the new window, while the sub-links will act as they normally would.

I don't understand what you are trying to say? Anywhere in the div area, THAT IS NOT! A element with attribute 'href' if clicked, will open a new window, else open link.

'e' represents the actual event of 'click' in this case, while 'target' is the element the event was triggered from.

The example I showed you will only run the Javascript code if the element that you clicked on is not a link.

Perhaps you haven't made your requirements clear. What exactly do you want it to do?