"Insert into" query

smus

How to add some data to DB using "Insert into" query. I now use AddNew and Update with "Select from":

Dim adoCon, strCon, sco, SQLStatement
Set adoCon = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")

SQLStatement = "SELECT * FROM table"
sco.Open SQLStatement, adoCon, 3, 3
sco.AddNew "string", info
sco.Update

But I need 'Insert into' to be executed

• 4 weeks later...

SQLStatement, adoCon, 3, and 3 are the parameters that are being sent to the open method.  It is impossible to know what those are without figuring out what kind of object sco is and looking up the documentation for the open method to see what it expects.

On 28.06.2017 at 11:10 PM, justsomeguy said:

SQLStatement, adoCon, 3, and 3 are the parameters that are being sent to the open method.  It is impossible to know what those are without figuring out what kind of object sco is and looking up the documentation for the open method to see what it expects.

You are right, it is difficult to define it without the context. I took this sample code from one of the tutorials and adjusted it for my simple needs. Now as we can see from the code below there are double object creations there. I am also not sure why there is the second RecordSet creation here:

Dim adoCon, strCon, sco, SQLStatement
Set adoCon = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
strCon = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=\wwwroot\msaccess.mdb;"  'Set the connection string to the database
adoCon.connectionstring = strCon  'Set an active connection to the Connection object
adoCon.Open 'Initialise the main ADO recordset object
Set sco = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")

This code was initially previous to the code I copied at the beginning of this topic.

If sco is an ADO recordset object, you can look at the documentation for open here to figure out what the parameters are used for:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/ado/reference/ado-api/open-method-ado-recordset

You can click through to see the various options for the cursor and lock types.

• Like 1