How does one implement htcacheclean manually?

iwato

BACKGROUND:  I have recently discovered a file on my test server that opens to the wrong file.  Not only does this same phenomenon appear in different browsers, but clearing the browsers' cache and rebooting the computer does not help.  It has been suggested by two of my colleagues that the problem lies with the Apache cache.  Although I have discovered something called htcacheclean on the Apache website, nowhere have I been able to find instructions about how to implement this instruction properly.  i want simply to clean one URL from the cache, but am baffled about how to implement what I have already learned.

QUESTION ONE:  Is it not possible to run htcacheclean from the UNIX terminal?

QUESTION ONE:  Whether it is possible or not, how does one go about doing it?

Source:  htcacheclean

Edited by iwato

I know well what the page says.  What I do not know is how to implement it.  There are no sample commands, and what I have tried does not work.

$ sudo htcacheclean //Any option written after this fails.

$ sudo apachectl htcacheclean //Any option write after this fails.

What I obtain from these trials is simply a list of htcacheclean options.  The list is similar, but not the same as what are provided in the Apache source document.  Still, no sample code.

Roddy

Yes.  In other words, it is telling me that it is there, but that I am not employing it properly.

Not really.  In both cases it is documentation.  Although it may be more likely that documentation included with the code is more current than documentation that is external to the code, either could be neglected with regard to an update of the code.  Still, there is no sample code, and the implementation of htcacheclear on the UNIX terminal is unclear.