Executing PHP after window.open

iwato

RECENT DISCOVERY:  I recently discovered a handy PHP function called show_source( ) and would now like to apply it in a particular sort of way.
GOAL:  I would like to open a new tab in my current window that shows the source code of a page that I have opened in the window.

DILEMMA:  Since PHP operates before a page is opened I am a lot confused about how to make this happen.  This is what I have accomplished so far.

$( document ).ready(function() {
			console.log( "ready!" );
			$('.show_src a').on('click', function(event) {
				event.preventDefault();
				var address = $(this).attr('href');
				window.open(address);
			});
		});

<li class='show_src'>The <a href='./composer/php_rss_generator/RSSGenerator/ItemInterface.php' title='' target='_blank'>Interface</a></li>
		<li class='show_src'>The <a href='./composer/php_rss_generator/RSSGenerator/Item.php' title='' target='_blank'>Class</a></li>

I have tried a variety of ways to replace the three dots above including .ajax( ) and window.write( ) but nothing seems to work.  Any ideas?

Roddy

You'll have to link to a specific PHP file that's designed to display the source of a file.

<a href="show-source.php?file=interface">Interface</a>
<a href="show-source.php?file=class">Class</a>

show-source.php

<?php
if(isset($_GET['file'])) {
  switch($_GET['file']) {
    case 'interface':
      highlight_file('./composer/php_rss_generator/RSSGenerator/ItemInterface.php');
      break;
    case 'class':
      highlight_file('./composer/php_rss_generator/RSSGenerator/Item.php');
      break;
  }
}
?>

• Like 1

Ingolme:  Very cool.  My first practical use of the $_GET superglobal.  I did not know that it was so easy to employ.