PHP & MySQL & ASP.net & SQL on the same server?

jherzog

I code in php and use MySQL databases. I am taking on a client which will include moving his web site to a new host company and coding future products. Parts of his existing site are written in ASP.net and require a SQL database. Is it possible to host on a server that can do all of this: PHP, MySQL, ASP.net, & SQL?My understanding is that it is either or, not both. Microsoft servers run ASP.net/SQL and linux servers run PHP/MySQL. Let me know what you know.Jed

From what I've heard, you can run them on the opposing servers (PHP on IIS for example) but it's not as good. Things may not work, etc, so imo the best course of action would be to (at least attempt to) re-code it in PHP, or possibly think about giving up the project to an ASP expert.

My understanding is that it is either or, not both.  Microsoft servers run ASP.net/SQL and linux servers run PHP/MySQL.  Let me know what you know.
You can run PHP/MySQL or ASP.net/SQL on either Windows IIS or Apache, its up to you. Obviously, if you run ASP.net/SQL on Apache, it will need to be the Windows version, but can still be done. Also, as far as I know you can run all four services on the same server, I am sure it can't be pretty, never done it myself, but saw a few hosting services offering you the ability to run all four on one website. Also, I see no technological reason it could not be done, you would just be allowing an additional file extension to be used on the server, and storing a second database that sites may access.