Forbidden Error

nave05

Hey! guys,I am new in this community and new for Xampp and PHP as well.I just installed XAMPP on my XP machine and try to test the very first PHP page but did not work. I tried to check whether XAMPP as well as PHP is installed in my machine by goin to DOS prompt and ran ../Apache/apache -v and /php/php -v. Both informed me that the service of Apache as well as pHP has been installed and working.But unfortunately, when I try to go to http://localhost/xampp/index.php, it throw the message as belowForbiddenYou don't have permission to access /xampp/index.php on this server.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Apache/2.0.54 (Win32) PHP/5.0.5 mod_perl/2.0.1 Perl/v5.8.7 Server at localhost Port 80Is there anybody who can help me please...

XAMPP and any other all-in-one installers generally cause more problems than they solve. A forbidden error is most likely something in your .htaccess folder, or php.ini. Not sure where though.My advice (which I tell everyone) is hire/buy a book on PHP and MySQL and follow there step by step guides to set up your own local server. It may take longer, but much better. Theres also more documentation if you run into errors, and easier to diagnose.

XAMPP and any other all-in-one installers generally cause more problems than they solve. A forbidden error is most likely something in your .htaccess folder, or php.ini. Not sure where though.My advice (which I tell everyone) is hire/buy a book on PHP and MySQL and follow there step by step guides to set up your own local server. It may take longer, but much better. Theres also more documentation if you run into errors, and easier to diagnose.

hey! guys,Thank you for trying to figure out the probelm. I solved the problem though. I am not sure about the problem but looks like there was problem with XAMPP and the port. The Apache server could not bind the port no 80. Now its okthankyou though.