The Magic of Three & Seven

Jack McKalling

Hello ladies and gentilemen :)I am about to tell a story, that you must believe, or just won't. It is up toy you what you decide, believe it or not.I am strongly convinced that the world was build by the magic of Three and Seven. They can be found almost everywhere you look, but mostly of the time hidden as they cannot be seen directly. I'll give some examples.-See the month I got meself registered. The miniprofile to the left says "October". That month has the number 10, which is the sum of three and seven. I didn't registered on purpose in october, it just happened that way.-See the smileys table to the left when you post (with options), the table contains smileys in three columns.-See the current version of IPS software, 2.1.7, which, summed, give three and seven.-Take the base number of our number system. They start at 0, and end at 9. Say the sequence is this: 0, 1, 2, ... 9. And when this first sequence ends, the second gets the second digit in the first sequence, or adds it by one. So the next sequece would be: 10, 11, 12, ... 19, and the third would be: 20,21,22,...29 etc. This means our number system works with sequences of ten. Take half of the maximum (namely ten) of our system, and remember it as "half_of_maximum". Take the number that both powered by itself and added to itself result in the same number, and remember that number by "base_number". Do square the "base_number", and save it as "sqr_base". If you compare "half_of_maximum" with "sqr_base", add the result to "base_number" and store it in "1st_memory". Then add "sqr_base" to "1st_memory", and save it as "2nd_memory". What will "1st_memory" and "2nd_memory" be? Yes, three and seven.Nice huh :) You can think of everything you like, three and seven are very common, but also commonly hidden in our society.More examples:-Look at the machine you are now interacting with, the computer. Most computers exist out of approximately seven pieces of hardware. The tower, monitor, two soundboxes, mouse, keyboard, and printer.-Most houses have seven rooms, see the bathroom, kitchen, two bedrooms, toilet, houseroom and staircase or hall.Can you think of more situations in where three or seven are important numbers?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow I just happen to have 7 pencils sitting on my desk with 3 erasers....NOT!my house has 14 rooms including the basement....if you say it I will smack you. :)Other numbers are just as common! This is silly :)

But I don't force you with this information, do with it what you want :) But leave it to everyone for themselves to see if they don't believe it too :)If I look very deep in everything I dayly do and have, I got confronted with seven and three very often :)My phone number has a seven, my PIN code has numbers that, summed, combine three and seven, my bankaccount number contains the difference of three and seven twice, my IP address contains a three, my cell phone contains a seven and the difference between three and seven twice, and I can go on like that for days.

Edited by Dan The Prof

If I look very deep in everything I dayly do and have, I got confronted with seven and three very often
This is part of human nature. If you look deeply enough into any system, you will think you see patterns. Humans are rational beings, and we look for patterns where there are none to try to make sense of a complex, random system. You can do the same thing with 9 and 11, remember? Humans don't like randomness or chaos, they try to see order in everything. It's the same reason a symmetric form looks more appealing than a non-symmetric one. Studies have shown that humans view a perfectly symmetric human face as more beautiful than one where the nose might be slightly crooked, or the eyes or ears slightly offset from one another. Most people society thinks of as beautiful have very symmetric faces.Also, I wouldn't consider the 'tower' one piece of hardware. The computer I'm on right now contains a motherboard, processor, three RAM modules, a NIC card, a CD-ROM and a hard drive, and is not directly connected to a printer. My personal machine at home contains a motherboard, processor, 2 RAM modules, CD-RW, DVD-ROM, and 3 hard drives.Have you seen the movie Pi (great soundtrack, btw)?
11:15, restate my assumptions: 1. Mathematics is the language of nature. 2. Everything around us can be represented and understood through numbers. 3. If you graph these numbers, patterns emerge. Therefore: There are patterns everywhere in nature.
It's a great movie. I won't ruin it for you, but the main character sort of loses his mind near the end from thinking about all of this. It's human nature, man. If I believe that the entire world is made out of cones, I'll see them everywhere.

I could say the number 1 is in everything. Can you believe that the number of all living things on the planet can be divided by one? O_O

Well 6 is the first Perfect number!
why is 6 the first perfect number??? Historically speaking 3 and 7 are considered special in some religions.God created the universe in 7 days. The Holy Trinity (3), etc.

Some religions also hold 9 to have significance. Obviously 10 holds a lot of significance in modern society, our entire number system is based off it. I like 12. 12 is evenly divisible by 1, 2, 3, 4, and 6. And 2 is the only number that is both even and prime. But the number 1.61803 takes the cake. This is the 'magic ratio'. This number really is all over nature. If you take a certain length, and divide it into 2 smaller parts so that the ratio of the smaller part to the larger part is the same as the ratio of the larger part to the original whole, the 2 parts will have a ratio of 1.61803. The length between your shoulder and elbow, compared to the length of your elbow to your wrist, or your lower arm to your entire arm fits. Same with your leg, the length between your hip and knee to the length between your knee and your foot, or your lower leg to your entire leg also fits. The distance between your first knuckle, second knuckle, and fingertip also fits. This stuff goes back to the pyramids, the Greeks, and Da Vinci. For whatever reason, this ratio is found all over the place.http://technology.guardian.co.uk/online/sc...,875198,00.html

Think of any two numbers. Make a third by adding the first and second, a fourth by adding the second and third, and so on. When you have written down about 20 numbers, calculate the ratio of the last to the second from last. The answer should be close to 1.6180339887...
OK, that is a little creepy. Here's my sequence (thanks for the start Dan):371017274471115186301487788127520633338540187391414022879370195989896917156815253732253732/156815 = 1.6180339890whoa

Well, there are several reasons why that ratio is a unique number. Read that Guardian article and check it out. Calculated to 10 million digits, the number never repeats. It is the slowest converging fraction known. That is why plants use it to determine the spacing of their leaves, so that higher up leaves do not block the sun from lower leaves. It's even found in black holes, which have nothing to do with worldly affairs on this planet (not exactly true, but you know what I mean). The number is even appealing to humans, according to the article if a person is shown several rectangles, they will invariably choose the one that matches the ratio. The person who first documented it, Euclid, is also the name for the superprocessor that is the object of the lead character's desire in the movie Pi.

When I was in the 4th grade the teacher was giving out a picture on are feild trip and everyone wanted it and you were supposed to guess 1 to 10 and i guessed 7 and i got the picture.Don't ask how I remeber this.......

And then there is someone that is smarter, and chooses an other number :)But then there will be another one who thinks he is even smarter and doesn't choose the number seven.And even another smarter person sticks again to seven.Best choice to just first try seven :)

And then there is someone that is smarter, and chooses an other number :)But then there will be another one who thinks he is even smarter and doesn't choose the number seven.And even another smarter person sticks again to seven.Best choice to just first try seven :)
So if I buy a lotto ticket on the way home and pick all 7's I am garenteed to win??? *sheesh* :)

So if I buy a lotto ticket on the way home and pick all 7's I am garenteed to win??? *sheesh* :)
No, you have to pick 3s also. See if they will let you choose one of your numbers as 1.61803. Not that that will ever get drawn..

I don't swear these two numbers always will be the answer, but it could be, if not, then just not.I do say, if everyone does believe in them, then the guessers of the number could start a looping by think they are smarter than the other, and he on his turn also thinks that :)But nevermind, not everyone believess Three and Seven are the magical numbers, and actually, I was just playing it.:)