The Magic of Three & Seven

Jack McKalling

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this a math forum, an offtopic forum or anything similar? I just can't help to ask that...

I don't swear these two numbers always will be the answer, but it could be, if not, then just not.
'Of course they COULD be the answer...so could 1 and 5 and 99 or 5873763990!I'll wait for post 42 because that is divisable by 3 and 7...that must be the answer....come on this is getting sad.
What about 6 being the 1st perfect number?? Because it is! I bet you $1,000,000 it is!
why is 6 the first perfect number???

Of course they COULD be the answer...so could 1 and 5 and 99 or 5873763990!
I didn't meant those two have more chance than other numbers. Please let it rest, I already know you don't believe it, please don't get aggressive. :)

To funnily discuss your statement that 6 is a perfect number, why is three times that number in a row the number of the beast?
Because at the time that book was written, the guy who wrote the book who was exiled to the Greek island by the Roman emperor used the numeric equivalent of the emperor's name, which happened to be 666. I can't remember which emperor it was, maybe Nero. That emperor was the 'beast' that the guy was writing about, and the mark was his name.Careful, I went to a religious high school. :)

Because at the time that book was written, the guy who wrote the book who was exiled to the Greek island by the Roman emperor used the numeric equivalent of the emperor's name, which happened to be 666. I can't remember which emperor it was, maybe Nero. That emperor was the 'beast' that the guy was writing about, and the mark was his name.Careful, I went to a religious high school. :)
The guy was John, the island was Patmos, and the Emperor was Domitian.Careful I am religious :)It was Nero Caesar's name that numerically equalled 666. Other popular fuigures in history that also had names that translated to 666 were Adolf Hitler, Henry Kissinger, Prince Charles, Bill Gates, and former US President William Jefferson Clinton.
Whats gonna happen?
Nothing. Why do thing saying will cause something to happen? Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice....

I wanted a million dollars from one of you...so 6 is a perfect number...A number which is equal to the sum of its proper divisors. 6, 28, and 496 are the 3 of 7 known perfect numbers.
I should have taken the bet, since you didn't define what a "perfect number" is. I would have came back and said no, that's not a perfect number, because my definition of a perfect number is all numbers that are equal to 12. :)

Well, at least I got many people thinking twice about numbers :) Not exactly how I liked it, but well, nothing can be predicted :)I say, could we go back to three and seven again? :blink: For the ones that haven't read this yet, or aren't convinced otherwise yet :)

Well, at least I got many people thinking twice about numbers :) Not exactly how I liked it, but well, nothing can be predicted :)I say, could we go back to three and seven again? :blink: For the ones that haven't read this yet, or aren't convinced otherwise yet :)
How do we go back to 3 and 7? what should we post about them? I think I bought 7 bananas the other day...what else is there to say about it. If you look hard enough or are imaginative enough you can find patterns and "magic" for any number in hte things around you like for instance I have exactly 53 pieces of paper on my desk.BTW how do you go about translating a name into numbers?

Try putting it in base form. I was reading an article the other day saying something about how every word in the english language has an equation to equal it in base 64 or something... I just scanned it (with my eyes), but i'll try to find it again. :)

BTW how do you go about translating a name into numbers?
That's a good question. Historically speaking, I know the Hebrew alphabet has a numeric value for each character, so Hebrew writings can essentially be seen as a long string of numbers (again, watch the movie Pi). But contemporarily, I'm not sure what method is used.