Moderators

Chocolate570

Should we have moderators on the forums?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have moderators on the forums?

• Yes
    • Yes
    • No
    • (Another Yes)

I think this site needs some moderators that will take care of it and delete uneccessary posts. The member count is growing, and with more members, more spam comes. In my opinion, it would be a good idea to pick one before the forums become overrun with unneeded topics and such. The admins are on, but they can't catch much. (no offense)Just a suggestion. :)~Chocolate570

Yeah, I completely agree. I've been thinking about it for a long amount of time, and that topic about hacking yesterday just shows that with increasing membership, comes increasing amount of less than serious members who are up to no good. I've been an admin on an invisionforum before, and I know that there are tons of opportunities for a moderator included in the forumcode. A moderator can: move topicsclose topicsdelete topicsedit topics (profanity)pin topics (announcement threads)split topics if they go off topic from the original question (make one thread into two separate, with separate titles)merge topics that are about generally the same thing (which we've also had a lot of recently) ban people (although I haven't seen a case of necessity yet)

Yeah, I completely agree. I've been thinking about it for a long amount of time, and that topic about hacking yesterday just shows that with increasing membership, comes increasing amount of less than serious members who are up to no good. I've been an admin on an invisionforum before, and I know that there are tons of opportunities for a moderator included in the forumcode. A moderator can: move topicsclose topicsdelete topicsedit topics (profanity)pin topics (announcement threads)split topics if they go off topic from the original question (make one thread into two separate, with separate titles)merge topics that are about generally the same thing (which we've also had a lot of recently) ban people (although I haven't seen a case of necessity yet)

Let's not point fingers or include specific topic names, but ya, that's where i got the idea. And everything except edit topics should be allowed to a moderator. If a topic really contains profanities, then that post or that topic should be deleted. What do the admins think? :)Also---i'm an admin of 4 invision free forums, but this is IPB, invision power board. A bit different. :)

I was in the middle of sending the admins a PM yesterday on this very topic when a new user signed in a posted those rediculous "how do you hack a website" posts.If the admins are not going to make their presence known, then it is without a doubt time to establish some moderators before things get out of control.so, obviously, my vote is . . .AYE!!

And everything except edit topics should be allowed to a moderator.
Why not edit topics? Editing topics is also a way for the moderator to edit in a warning to the person who stepped out of line. If the moderator takes his responsability seriously, there shouldn't be a problem. That's also a reason why the admins should take some time and see who the dedicated posters on the forum are...
Also---i'm an admin of 4 invision free forums, but this is IPB, invision power board. A bit different.
Is it different? How? If anything, it should include more features, so assigning moderators shouldn't be difficult...Oh, and since I didn't really answer earlier:Aye...orPretty please, with sugar on top... :)

Well, i guess that you're right about editing, and the invisionpowerboard. I checked out the free trial again, and figured it out pretty quick. :)But still, keep voting!Also----i'm only 7 posts behind you, meanie! :)

I voted Yes because it can only benefit. However I don't think it's top priority. We're old enough to control ourselves, and bad topics already get handled by posts from other members saying this is not the right place. The only reason where more mods would be absolutely needed is if some people started spamming (litterally flooding) the boards.

Make that 2 posts. :)Also---- that's an almost unanimous vote! Maybe we should wait for 15 votes and then wait for an admin to check it out.It's almost unanimous because someone voted for (Another Yes). :)

Ok, ok, no more of that, we'll have a pm battle later.:)Currently we have 7 Yes's, 2 (another yes)'s, and NO no's!Edit---just 10 more votes till i close the poll!

Yep, i decided for Another Yes :) Im still confused as to why theres three different types of yes haha

Its one of those wieghted Likert scales -1 for disagree2 for agree somewhat3 for agree4 for agree a bit more5 for strongly agreeThat way when we report on the poll, we can say xx% agree! :)