Problem Running ASP

ember

Hello everyone. i have a problem with running asp scripts at home, i've just installed IIS (i'm running XP Pro) and have been getting the following message every time i try to test any asp page on the wwwroot folder:-2147467259 (0x80004005)and also, almost every time i try to open IIS, or adjust the permissions on the wwwroot folder, i get this error:"COM Surrogate has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."what can be wrong?how do i fix this? my office pc is already configured to run asp, but i have late work i have to complete at home and i am tottaly stuckthanks in advance to everyone.

Check the Event Log and see if you have any errors showing up in there. I believe the COM surrogate in this case is DLLHOST.exe. Check the Event Log under Administrative Tools in the control panel and look for errors about dllhost.exe.There is very little help for this error message online. You might have a virus, Sony® Rootkit™, or some other malware that is hindering a system process from running. The event logs might shed some light on it.

this is what i got (i don't understand anything :S)The system has called a custom component and that component has failed and generated an exception. This indicates a problem with the custom component. Notify the developer of this component that a failure has occurred and provide them with the information below. Component Prog ID: Server Application ID: {3D14228D-FBE1-11D0-995D-00C04FD919C1}Server Application Instance ID:{11F3695B-3594-48F2-A6FE-DA6BCE004257}Server Application Name: IIS Out-Of-Process Pooled ApplicationsThe serious nature of this error has caused the process to terminate.Exception: C0000005Address: 0x77514164Call Stack: ole32!CoFreeUnusedLibrariesEx + 0xC1Aole32!CoFreeUnusedLibrariesEx + 0xB5Eole32!CLSIDFromString + 0x66Dole32!CoRegisterClassObject + 0x1CA2ole32!UpdateDCOMSettings + 0x53ACole32!CoQueryAuthenticationServices + 0x1F30ole32!CoQueryAuthenticationServices + 0x28FCole32!CoWaitForMultipleHandles + 0x6E2CRPCRT4!CheckVerificationTrailer + 0x75RPCRT4!NdrStubCall2 + 0x215RPCRT4!CStdStubBuffer_Invoke + 0x82ole32!StgGetIFillLockBytesOnFile + 0x10439ole32!StgGetIFillLockBytesOnFile + 0x103E3ole32!CoReleaseMarshalData + 0x7DCole32!CoReleaseMarshalData + 0x701ole32!StgGetIFillLockBytesOnFile + 0x10319ole32!StgGetIFillLockBytesOnFile + 0x101C4ole32!StgGetIFillLockBytesOnFile + 0xFF1DRPCRT4!NdrGetTypeFlags + 0x1C9RPCRT4!NdrGetTypeFlags + 0x12ERPCRT4!NdrGetTypeFlags + 0x5ARPCRT4!CreateStubFromTypeInfo + 0x2E2RPCRT4!CreateStubFromTypeInfo + 0x323RPCRT4!NdrConformantArrayFree + 0x28BRPCRT4!I_RpcBCacheFree + 0x14CRPCRT4!I_RpcBCacheFree + 0x5EARPCRT4!I_RpcBCacheFree + 0x403RPCRT4!I_RpcBCacheFree + 0x5D2kernel32!GetModuleFileNameA + 0x1B4

It's strange that the component progid is blank. There might be something registered with IIS that no longer exists. There might also be some malware registering itself with IIS and causing problems, have you done any virus scans lately? I know it's against my ethos, but maybe fire up IE and head over to pandasoftware.com and run their ActiveScan, see if anything comes up.

Well, C0000005 is an access violation, it might be a buffer overflow issue. Some process does not have permission to access the memory space that it is trying to.One thing to make sure is that the IUSR_computer and IWAM_computer accounts are both activated and not disabled. Do you know how to check that?Hmm, look familiar? http://www.issociate.de/board/post/196245/...web_server.html

Try to re-register vbscript.dll & asp.dll:regsvr32 C:\WINDOWS\system32\vbscript.dll regsvr32 c:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv\asp.dll

One thing to make sure is that the IUSR_computer and IWAM_computer accounts are both activated and not disabled. Do you know how to check that?
unfortunately, no, i don't =/and how can i re-register vbscript.dll & asp.dll ??thanks,ember

To register the DLL files, run those 2 commands above in a command prompt. Go to Start -> Run and type cmd to get the command prompt. Then type:regsvr32.exe c:\windows\system32\vbscript.dll regsvr32.exe c:\windows\system32\inetsrv\asp.dllFor each one, you will get a popup box saying if registering the DLL succeeded. If you find yourself having to do this a lot, you can create a new text file, paste those two lines in it, and then rename the file to a .bat file, such as register.bat. Then, you can just double-click on the bat file to run those commands.To check on your users, go to the Control Panel, open Administrative Tools, open Computer Management, click on Local Users and Groups and then Users. You should see accounts called IUSR_<computer> and IWAM_<computer>, and make sure both of them are enabled. If they are shown with a red X on them, double-click on them and uncheck the box that says "Account is disabled".

finally, it's working!it didn't work exactly after the re-registering process, but after searching for the obtained errors on google and re-registering a few more dll's, it's working just fine!thankyou very much, justsomeguy!