Advanced layout problem...

kongknabe

Hi. I'm troubled by a CSS layout I'm trying to get to work. I have made a sketch to show the idea, and it actually works perfect, except that the blue and red boxes can't scroll horizontal if the browser get below 800px in width - this is probably due to the fact that they are positioned with "fixed", witch by the way don't work in IE - I know Well don't know if there is more to say. - I want my layout exactly the way it is, but with the ability to scroll the fixed elements horizontal if needed. - I'm willing to accept that the little blue box is positioned at the left side of the screen, and the rest moves to the right though Hope some CSS genius can help me make this work - Rasmus L. Knabe Link to my sketch: http://kongknabe.users.whitehat.dk/Layout%...ster/index.html

Set your height and width for the element containing the text, then put in your cssoverflow: auto

Don't work. Am not sure i have explained my problem porbberbly so i will try again:-)I want everything on the site to be able to scroll horizontal if needed, but only the content of the white box to be able to scroll vertical! - All of this while maintaining the vertical scrollbar at the right edge of the browser window at all times, in the full height of the browser window! - I only want one vertical and one horizontal scrollbar!