Introduce Yourself

Chocolate570

Hey everyone, it is just me stopping in again to say "hi". I kind of forgot about this forum when I started getting into Java and object oriented programming in general. I am on my way to success in programming, messing with OpenGL bindings like Xith3D and JMonkey. I came across C# being able to make web applications with ASP.NET in a book that I was reading. If I look into it more, this forum just may be of some use to me once again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,I'm Mark. Very very basic knowledge of html.I wanted to post to ask a very very simple question, but whilst waiting for validation I took the advice I could find and looked through the HTML tutorial. And wow! I've written my first bit of html and it works. (It was a simple paragraph, with style and formatting.)Excellent! Thank you W3S, and I'll be sticking around to learn more.Mark. :)

Hello W3. :) I'm "Ari". I have been a frequent visitor to the W3 site for some time now, I find it very helpful and the "examples" function that lets you tamper with existing code directly is quite unique, by that I mean I haven't seen it on any other site. I haven't encountered much trouble learning from the site until now, so I decided to join the forum to ask for help and while I'm waiting I figured why not introduce myself. I currently live in Sweden and my great interests are Art and Media. I hope this community is as helpful as the site and I look forward to sharing information with you. Thank you.

Hello and thanks for the great forum! Really helpful and you have some great people helping. Hopefully I can help others here too and learn more in the process!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello. My name is Christine and I've been teaching myself XHTML and CSS for the last year in my spare time. Love working with code and the W3Schools site is great. The Try It Yourself frames are brilliant!I feel that I have just this weekend turned a corner in my ability to produce a nice-looking, usable website. I'm really proud of my site at www.sunhouseca.net.I will be posting a question shortly about how to work with IE. I plan to use this forum a lot. Looking forward to exploring this new world of code with you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Friends, Wow I'm finally able to post, feels great. I'm basically just starting out on the web design and php scene. Php is pretty easy as compared to java and so web useful. I have an alright understanding of xhtml so i am looking forward to getting help and giving.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest whatthat

Hi there,This is whatthat. My name is Niki fan, working on liferay system. I am a newcomer in W3 world. Hope you dont mind if I post any Q retarded.

Hi, I'm a youg web developper,I've been using W3schools for a few years, but since a couple of days I noticed the FORUM buttonI mostly use PHP (and mySQL) and javascript.And I'm working on my own game

• 3 weeks later...

Hey!Name: KyleLocation: RvA (Locals get it.)Age: 19, 20 this Jan 2010Zodiac: AquariusInterests: Skateboarding, Web Development/Design, Xbox, Computers, Guitar, Music and The Final Frontier other than space.Looking forward to posting here!Cheers,- Kyle

Guest Cascading-Style-Skills

Full name: Conner (noyb)Alternative name(s): CDBirth date(dd/mm/yyyy): 26/6/199-(noyb) Gender: MaleZodiacal sign: Cancer (no, I do not have cancer >.>)Country of residance: US (and I am not proud)State of residence: OregonHeight: 5'4" I believeWeight: About 100 lbs.Eyes: Blue-ishHair: Blond, almost dirty blondSmoking/Drinking/Drugs: Heck no/Heck no/Heck noFavourite Music: Rock, sometimes pop, electric sometimesFavourite Movies: Transformers (2), Rush Hour 2Interest: Computer-programming, basketball, football, anything to stay in shape and keep active, NOT homework :)Pets: Two dogs, one a male and one a female, Miniature...Pinchueres? (pin-cher-z) They spell it some funky wayFavorite Programming Languages: XHTML, CSS, PHPMastered Programming Languages: XHTML, HTML, CSS, getting there with PHP and JScriptAdditional comments:I'm an active (however not new) member at htmlforums.com. I've been studying website-coding and multimedia for almost a year now and have never had more fun. I've used W3Schools for a majority of my study and look forward to helping others with their coding adventures on this forum.NOTE: Sorry for the NOYB's, I'm not that old so I don't feel super comfortable sharing my personal info with everyone in the world, if you catch my drift :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well hey there peoples. I'm Sy, I'm listening to 80s rock radio while I type away at the HTML, CSS, Javascript, PHP codes. In college I'm a film/video major, but I want to spread my skills over a big part of the creative spectrum, as I call it, stuff like Film/Video, Guitar, Programming, Art, Flash etc. I go and learn things from W3schools that I haven't in my college. But even with all the information at my disposal...there are still things better learned and explained from others. Right now:I know HTML pretty wellCSS too, although I'm having trouble with resizing issuesJavascript I skimmed and got lost around arrays, so I'll go back afterPHP, I'm in the process of learning about include, which I'm lovingAnd AS3, which I don't completely get.I've still a long way to go, but I'm willing.

Hi everyone and thank you for welcoming me to your community.A bit about myself. My name is Jeff and I am from Ontario, Canada. At 42 I hope I’m middle aged. I make my living as an IT but have enjoyed playing with web design. I’ve designed a few websites for non-profit organizations, which also means I’ve never been paid to design a website so I’m still an amateur web designer. And that has become very obvious when my curiosity has driven me to explore CSS.Fairly excited when I first dove into CSS my enthusiasm dwindled some when I discovered browser compatibility. Chrome this IE that, well IE this and that. Needless to say I still have more questions then answers. I’m hoping that I will be able to compensate for my many questions and few answers by helping the members here with testing. With three computers at home I have access to Firefox, Opera, Chrome, Safari and most importantly IE 6, 7 and 8.As I’m sure most folks don’t take the time to read this thread please feel free to bring to my attention any member that requires an IE test.I look forward to being a member of this community.Best regards,Jeff

Hello fellow web designers!!!First things first, i wish you all Happy New Year!!! :):) My name is Mirko and i am living in Serbia.My first love was computer hardware and electronics, but this semester in college i got to study Internet technologies as a subject and I fall in love with web design. While i was searching for sites to complement my classes at school i found "w3schools" and saw how great this web site is. I am looking forward to absorb all the knowledge this place has to offer.There are tons of useful examples here and a reference catalog which is great.Now, i am seeing all this comments how forum link is badly positioned etc.... I am curious how can you use all the examples and references and not see Forum link which is 0.5 cm to the right of it?

Best of luck,Mirko

Before the redesign, the forum link was in a different place (somewhere about halfway down the sidebar).

• 2 weeks later...

Heeey everyone, I'm allyouhave (or Nicholas, whichever you prefer). I just started taking some college courses with the intended majors of web and software development. I've been coding and writing scripts for a while now though, and have made moderate progress on my own - which I intend to further here, with everyone's help. :]

Full name: Jason D. GallawayAlternative name(s): J.D.Birth date(dd/mm/yyyy): 09/07/1981Gender: mZodiacal sign: cancerCountry of residance: United StatesCity of residance: AltoonaHeight: Weight: Eyes: Hair: Smoking/Drinking/Drugs: none for me, thanks.Favourite Music: ClassicalFavourite Movies: Star Trek First ContactInterest: Steam Trains, Computers, physics and spacePets: Toy Rat TerrierAdditional comments: Thanks for being here for us HTML hatchlings

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone at w3schools forum.I'm Savvi, new to the forum.I know basic HTML and CSS.Currently working on a University project that requires HTML, CSS, PHP (MySQL) and maybe some Javascript. Got threw into the deep end with PHP and Javascript. Got no clue how to work with it. So far, I've learnt a few basic things about both languages on W3Schools.So, all in all, you'd know why I am here and that you'll see my post in the PHP topic section very soon, reqarding my poor PHP written scripts and the help I require. I hope that you fantastic members would help me out or guide me. :)ThankyouSavvi

Full name: Eric S. SternerAlternative name(s):EricBirth date(dd/mm/yyyy):1/5/1994Gender:MaleZodiacal sign: Taurus (The Bull)Country of residance: United States of AmericaCity of residance: Madison, NEHeight:5'6Weight:123lbsEyes:Not sureHair:Blond you probably guessed it by my postsSmoking/Drinking/Drugs:Nope Favourite Music:NoneFavourite Movies:Lord Of The Rings, Narnia The Lion The Which And The Wardrobe (Not Caspian), and lots more.Interest:Computers, bicycling, woodworking, coin collecting, history. Yup you guessed it again, NOT SPELLING.Pets:One cat in the house. So glad its not mine.Additional comments: I have bean learning (web development?) for about a year now. I am learning on my own do to the fact that I don't know anyone with even basic knowledge of web development.I really like the tutorials on W3schools! Thanks a lot. I have a basic understanding of HTML and CSS I got way in over my head when I tried to learn JavaScript. I am currently trying to learn PHP and Mysqul. I would be completely lost if it wasn't for you all on the forums. So THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH!

Full name: Mike AbrahamAlternative name(s): oujipickleBirth date(dd/mm/yyyy): 01-10-71Gender: mZodiacal sign: libraCountry of residance: ukCity of residance: workingtonAdditional comments: Hi all, been toying with html and css for a few weeks now. I find the w3schools site great and then this forum for things i dont understand and possibly pick all of your brains out there.Cheersouji