Introduce Yourself

Chocolate570

Hi! Nice to meet you all!Who I am? I'm Walerain Gaël... If you don't want to tape too many letters, you can call me WG, this is shorter and easier to write. I'm a French student... So, feel free to say if I make a mistake.Why I am here? I'm here to improving my (X)HTML, CSS, Javascript and PHP skills. See you later on this forum.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, my name is Bridget and I'm in Melbourne, Australia. I'm a content producer and I'm looking for someone to build some children's stories into HTML5 web pages. The stories are currently available as apps (iTunes) but in order for them to be accepted under the Australian Curriculum, they need to be in HTML5. I have all the artwork and assets ready for rebuilding into HTML5. This is a great work experience project for a student or recent grad. Payment = a share of profit. If this sounds like you, please contact me on bridget.cull@gmail.com

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, my name is Vasiliky, im from Greece.I LOVE THIS SITE.Actually ... its my First site :P .Im 31 years old and the last 3 months i decided to learn about websites (my relation with pc was only for internet lol - no knowledge at all).So , im reading/studing by myshelf everyday , and this site helps me very much.Sometimes i think im losing my way , i mean ... i dont know if i study right (without a teacher to "guide") or even sometimes dont know how to get informations about computer issues like how to make an apache server work on my pc .... and things like information i should know about how the system works on internet world (ip,ports,what is dynamic .. static pages .. and all that i must know). Eλπίζω να πετύχω το στόχο μου .... :Pleased: Name: VasilikyAlternative name(s): VaswBirth date: 13/08/1981Gender: FemaleZodiacal sign: LeonCountry of residance: GREECECity of residence: Nafpaktos

Edited by basiliky.s.

Hi, in the internet world, you may know me as leev18 (google leev18). I'm still a community college student majoring in computer science and hoping to get out of there by 2014-2015 with an associate's degree. One of my goal is to learn computer programmings and I'm still pretty new to it. I'm also still pretty new to HTML & to other web coding. I hope to learn much more about web coding during my stay here at this forum. I will do my best share my knowledge and help out others here also. Right now I have two running website, leev18.com and hmongweb.com.

Hi, Well i was studying the A+ but found myself really excited about programming, i just find it very interesting.About to start from scratch really soon and hope to have a career in web design

My name is Chris, I'm from Wirral in UK. I have a background in mainframe technologies and Visual Basic. I am teaching myself web languages (Javascript at the moment) and I have joined the forum to get some help with these. My main interests apart from computers are natural history and Creation science.

Hi everybody, My profile says a lot about what I have in mind. What I didn't say is that I like the open source world and right now I'm also learning Linux inside Windows via VirtualBox before going Linux once for all. Also getting into Python, what is really useful for a number of purposes. I enrolled with animation in mind but it's the kind of stuff that opens lots of doors. The link goes to a 9 weeks long course, An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python, beginning next Monday, Apr 15th. Well, I already got a host package and a domain. Now it's time to go online. Regards,ftcbr.

Hi, my name is Chrissy, I want make my own webpages. I am semi-retired so don't see it as a job but as recreation. Have some slight experience from past but really find it difficult to stay up to date so will probably be asking some dumb questions. First off, is it true that XHTML didn't take off & that HTML5 is currently the favoured language ? as I have only a basic understanding of HTML from some previous study of XHTML, is there anything to gain from me going to the HTML lessons first or could I just go straight to the HTML5 lessons ? Thanks Just been playing with it, fairly straight forward so far :) yes, I need to go back to check on some terms that the HTML5 lessons assume are known but for me it's better to do it this way. I knew it would be fun :Pleased:

Edited by chrissy52

XHTML is a version of HTML that is also XML-compliant. It had problems with adoption, in part because IE8 and lower didn't truly support it and also because a lot of authors would switch the doctype but weren't producing valid XML, so benefits like faster parsing, a smaller browser footprint, and namespaces couldn't really be realized. When it didn't really work out to have everyone shift to producing XML, Tim Berners-Lee and the W3C proposed a new standard, which became HTML5. At this point everyone who is just learning HTML should start with HTML5, there's no reason to go any earlier than that. HTML5 will be around for a while.

Full name: Muhammad Ali RazaAlternative name(s): Ali Birth date(dd/mm/yyyy): 26/08/1991Gender: MaleZodiacal sign Virgo:Country of residance: PakistanCity of residance: LahoreHeight: about 5'6Weight: don't know :oEyes: light brownHair: blackSmoking/Drinking/Drugs: No/No/NoFavourite Music: Classic,Pop,Rap,CountryFavourite Movies: Action,Sciene Fiction,Inspirational, and all good movies ;)Interest: Learning new thingsPets: NoAdditional comments: Hope I'll Learn much more here while my stay in this forum, Have a nice day all :good:

• 3 weeks later...

Wow ... I didn't expect it to take 4 days to join, but my application has finally been accepted. I'm a middle aged nerd, married, first kid on the way. My hobby is D&D. I've joined this forum because I'll be needing some support with XSLT and FO as I write my own custom style sheet for the eTools software that I use to manage my D&D characters.

Full name: Reubin "Four.Twenty" McQuayeAlternative name(s): I sometimes go by another name, but I'm not listing it hereBirth date(dd/mm/yyyy): 31/03/1988Gender: MaleZodiacal sign: AriesCountry of residance: GhanaCity of residance: AccraHeight: 6'0"Weight: 160Kg "last time i checked and that was begining of year"Eyes: BrownHair: Dread Locks /BlackSmoking/Drinking/Drugs: No Cigrattes only Medicinal Weed/No/NoFavourite Music: Reggae mostlyFavourite Movies: Mostly anime, crime, drama, history & actionInterest: I am a self taught graphic designer and web programmer. A bit rusty but hey, i always get the work done! :PPets: had a royal python *she's dead :(*Additional comments: And yh you can check out my website http://www.4twentygraphicillusions.com

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, I'm not that versed in SQL. I can take a previously written query and usually adjust it to get the results I want. They are in the process of deploying TeraData and I'm having to learn how to write queries. This website has been invaluable. I've even passed it on to others. It's easy to find information and it's helped me alot. Thank you for creating it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

I enjoy learning new things every day, if possible. HTML, CSS, Java... are for me like - for many of you - Hebrew. Nevertheless, I speak Hebrew everyday!

With the help of websites like this one, I'm planning to learn more and more and to build my own website, instead of running a blog with Blogger.

It will take months, but with the help of some of you, I am optimistic. Meanwhile, I hope to be able to help others, with the little I know.

Have a terrific day: in HTML, CSS, Hebrew... or whatever you want!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

Nice to meet you. Just starting it out. I am a newbie.

Hope you are open to ideas and happy to contribute to your queries

Daymon.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi my name is Jen aka GirlPowerDesigns I am owner of Girl Power Designs web site I am 40 years old I have 5 kids 2 older ones and 3 younger ones. I am also own two fuzzies named Gizmo and Aurora they are Ferrets and a kitten named Astro

I have started designing graphics since 2001 I use a lot of programs for my designs to enhance my ability of verity of things to be more creative I have always wanted to learn html and PHP and flash, fire works and so forth I am also novice photographer I have my own Canon EOS Rebel T3. I went to school for web design and computer graphics I be going into. I really want to learn to make Templates for my wordpress business site. I just sit at my laptop and stare at the site. I have so may creative things to do but when I go to Dreamweaver I try to code things and it gets all messed up. I been using Dreamweaver since 2002. I am soon getting Kanvus Life H85 tablet I am going to start to draw again. I have for programs, Adobe Photoshop CS6, Corel Paint Shop Pro X5 Corel ULead PhotoImpact X3, I have all the Adobe programs well most of them I just want to have a beautiful website so people can admire my art and my tutorials. Thank you for reading!

Jen Aka GirlPowerDesigns

Hi my name is Jen aka GirlPowerDesigns I am owner of Girl Power Designs web site I am 40 years old I have 5 kids 2 older ones and 3 younger ones. I am also own two fuzzies named Gizmo and Aurora they are Ferrets and a kitten named Astro

I have started designing graphics since 2001 I use a lot of programs for my designs to enhance my ability of verity of things to be more creative I have always wanted to learn html and PHP and flash, fire works and so forth I am also novice photographer I have my own Canon EOS Rebel T3. I went to school for web design and computer graphics I be going into. I really want to learn to make Templates for my wordpress business site. I just sit at my laptop and stare at the site. I have so may creative things to do but when I go to Dreamweaver I try to code things and it gets all messed up. I been using Dreamweaver since 2002. I am soon getting Kanvus Life H85 tablet I am going to start to draw again. I have for programs, Adobe Photoshop CS6, Corel Paint Shop Pro X5 Corel ULead PhotoImpact X3, I have all the Adobe programs well most of them I just want to have a beautiful website so people can admire my art and my tutorials. Thank you for reading!

Jen Aka GirlPowerDesigns

Try to get rid of Dreamweaver, nobody likes it! I suggest notepad++.

• 1 month later...

hello, my name ABDULLATEEF. i want to ask a question and i need an urgent reply.after reading how to create my website on this site am really motivated but bothered about something whuch makes me want to ask this question.can i get a domain myself without buying.

I have so may creative things to do but when I go to Dreamweaver I try to code things and it gets all messed up. I been using Dreamweaver since 2002.

When you use Dreamweaver you should use the code-view to build and edit your pages.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/dreamweaver/cs/using/WSc78c5058ca073340dcda9110b1f693f21-7beaa.html

Hi i m new

Name: Sandhya Age: 25 Gender: Female Marital status: Single Occupation: Always Student Favorite Things: NatureHobbies and Interests: Learning Something newA Little About Me: Am very much interested in web technology. I am so curious about how it works and how you people write. So now i am learning in w3school. It is soo nice, although i have some doughts (in topics). pls everyone help me to clarify my doughts. Hopefully thanks bye :good:

Attached Thumbnails