Introduce Yourself

Chocolate570

Hello all, I am new here as well..I used to make webpages with HTML, but am trying to self learn, CSS and javascript as well, and perhaps PHP if I can.

If you want to be proficient with PHP you will need to learn the fundamentals of programming in general. Algorithms, data structures and the like.

• 1 month later...

Hi, newbie here!

I'm elmerdev30. I join this forum in order to know more about html or css languages.

I never have any html or css background. I never even went to programming school. However, I am amazed at the websites my friends created. I tried to ask them myself if they could teach me but they only give me teach-you-later answers. Then, I came across w3schools tutorials. It's fun knowing and testing the html and/or css codes.

I wish to be cognizant enough of this field, no matter how complex it is and how long it would take me to.

cool stuff :)

Hi.

I'm from Australia.

I've joined in here to see if I can help myself sort out some layout problems in the latest version of Kunena Forum (under Joomla).

I may not get too far but the effort must be made.

I'm pretty old, and am well into RC Sailboats.

Edited by Nemo10
  • Like 1

Hello there, another superannuated programmer here - started a CompSci degree in 1970, programmed in Algol, Fortran, Coral 66, RTL/2, Ada, Basic, assemblers, etc ... back in the day. More recently using lots of VB with MS Access. Which brings me here ... I want to make a lot of data from an Access db available on the web, wondering whether to generate html direct from Access, or export the data required to MySQL and use PHP.

Is there anywhere on W3schools where I could post an outline of the application to get feedback from expert web developers ?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Greetings! I'm Stevens Miller, of northern Virginia, USA (near the capital city of the United States, Washington DC). I learned how to program in BASIC, back in the '70s. I'm a pretty good C/C++ and Java programmer now. I do a lot of work with computer graphics and also the XBox 360 controller. Learning more about HTML5 and Javascript lately. I'm a moderator of the Games forum at coderanch.com. Hope to make new friends here.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

I've just discovered W3Schools, in particular, W3.CSS, which I think is fantastic. I have been struggling with Bootstrap, and really getting nowhere. I find W3.CSS so much easier to use. Someone ought to push to get it as an alternative choice framework in ASP.NET.

Now about myself

Full name: Roger Hampson, Alternative name(s): None, Birth date 12/12/1942, Gender: Male, Zodiacal sign: Sagittarius, Country of residence: England, City of residence: Bubbenhall, Royal Leamington Spa, Height: over 6 foot, Weight: Too heavy (according to my wife), Eyes: Brown, Hair: Silver, Smoking/Drinking/Drugs: No/Beer, Vodka&Tonic/No, Favourite Music: Popular Rock (The Eagles, Clearwater Revival, Elton John, Roy Orbison, etc, etc), Favourite Movies: Not really interested in movies, Interests: Bird watching, Lawn bowls, being on my computer, Pets: None, Additional comments: I am currently re-writing the web site for my bowls club.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

sup ya'll!

I'm Line, as of Jan 2017 I'm a 39 year old, New York based artist, animator, designer and creator of many things. I've been using w3schools for who knows how long and can't believe I never realized there was a forum on the site available since 2005!