Introduce Yourself

Chocolate570

Hello everyone, I have just created my website few months ago and encountered a lot of problems with coding and designning. That's why I'm here. Just to learn more about coding, for "serving" my web purpose. It's great to be a part of this community. Thank you.

• Like 1

The name is Daecca, doing some webwork as a hobby and always searching to learn more. Came to this site in a strange way, I followed the breadcrumbs through a phishing mail. for which the link was hosted on vnbbe.net. Using the link, I came to w3schools.

Anyways, Hope to learn and perhaps teach.

Any questions just ask,

Cheers

Daecca

• Like 2

:facepalm: Hi, I'm Dave. I like working with perl and just starting with php/mysql. I've used mysql with perl and not much difference(tricky no matter how you look at it, lol). I use css with everything and since the only way I know how to use javascript other than copy and paste and modify settings so I usually go with server side validations with css effects.

My thing is Christianity. I love the Word and our web site(though a couple years needing an update) is

www.praisenpray.com

Have a great Christmas everybody. :)

• Like 1

:facepalm: Hi, I'm Dave. I like working with perl and just starting with php/mysql. I've used mysql with perl and not much difference(tricky no matter how you look at it, lol). I use css with everything and since the only way I know how to use javascript other than copy and paste and modify settings so I usually go with server side validations with css effects.

My thing is Christianity. I love the Word and our web site(though a couple years needing an update) is

www.praisenpray.com

Sorry, I forgot that I already posted here. I couldn't figure how to delete it. My apologies.

Have a great Christmas everybody. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello my name is Rafael Vilá, and 10 years ago my first approach to PHP was thanks to your site. I'm a great defender of your site and just join the forum to let you know how much I appreciate your site, and to thank you, today I am sustaining my family for what I have learned here. And that it is much to say.

Even though has been many years, I keep coming back to refresh my memory, and I also encourage others that are introducing themselves to this amazing industry through other forums to use your website as a tool, it works for me and by experience I know it will work for others. But this action has created friction to other forums because of misconceptions, which I would love to pointed out as a suggestion, so we can shut their mouth, because, for someone who do not understand the slang of the industry, would be frustrating to follow others tutorials who do not consider us who teach and learn by ourselves.

Once again, thank you for the seeds of knowledge planted on this site. It is truly a blessing.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, my name is Nick from India, learning Graphics, web design and development. started with web designing few month ago! I found this web very useful to revise myself with all the codes along with all the appropriate example.I hope to learn more and will look forward to make friends !Thanks ;-)

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome. It's not too late to learn, but you'll have a hard time making a living with only HTML. At a minimum you'll need to understand HTML, CSS, and Javascript, and even better if you can add a server-side language like PHP.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

I'm new guy in this forum, Thank you for invited me in this forum. I hope I will provide to assist in web - HTML, CSS, JavaScript and PHP. I'm into advance in HTML and CSS, mid-level PHP. I am still learning PHP, it is not easy to understand, but I am getting there now. I hope any of you will help me do code in PHP to improve the performance on website.

Have a great day!

• 3 weeks later...

I am an old fella (65 years old) and have been programming computers since 1968 in assembly language (still do) fortran, basic, apl, pascal, modula (similar to pascal), and C (which is why I like PHP). I did learn Java as well but find it the most pedantic, restrictive, inefficient waffle I have ever encountered. The same for Javascript which is why 99% of the web pages I write have none at all although there are occasions where I can't avoid it. I write everything by hand using notepad and therefore have an APACHE server and PHP installed on my computer. It's nice they are both free. Thank you Apache and PHP.

I joined because I thought it was about time I helped a bit because there are quite a few programmers out there who shouldn't be allowed near a computer in case they trip over and hurt themselves.

W3C recommendations and specifications are great so it's a pity many are ignored on some platforms, like Android, by some browsers and even by W3C itself on rare occasions.

Edited by euc
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...