Browser Discussion

Jonas

in my browser it has advanced option for selecting the style sheet to be used.

is there any reason you could not or wouldn't like to have your own custom style sheet that you design for basic alterations involving only the points of interest like headers or text size or so on?

I always see the option and consider what would work fairly universally in a sort of way.

Not my lives ambition but it could be helpful if it would work fairly smooth.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Vivaldi is also based on Chromium, it was a shame to lose Opera because they had the Presto engine through version 12 to provide a counter to the other engines.  Both Opera and Vivaldi use Chromium (specifically Blink), although Opera is now owned by a Chinese company.

I guess with the phase out of flash, anyone still running an XP system, using Firefox which is still supported for it, would have less of a memory problem? Ads, and youtube for example, I still have an XP system, stopped using it in late 2016.

• 4 years later...
On 2/23/2006 at 8:36 PM, Jonas said:

Hmm, good point. Ok, so you could just get a cd that came with your computer, with an exe install file of the latest edition of each browser, and a list of features on each, then you could install the one you think fits you best. As things are now, however, IE is more than a browser for windows, since it shares a lot of features with Windows Explorer and is needed for windows to still function properly... :)

Thank you for sharing

• 3 weeks later...