Spammers

vchris

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:) What i say now is that you need a thing that piles up the posts which include links, show them to moderators and then have fast hoverup for spam :)But as Skemcin said we need a solution to prevent spam and I have no idea for that :)btw what is that warn i have in my "panel" ?

That is the warning system. You can only see your own warn status. If you are acting inappropriatly your warn level will be increased. If your warn level get high enough other actions will be taken.Some of you may notice you have a a warn level of higher than 0%. This means you were warned in the past (the system was there it was just not visible to you), probably through a PM.

oh I thought it meant the level of warmness :) 0% warm...BTW I've been using the report button on spam posts but how do they work. Is my message sent to all mods and admins?

yes, when the "REPORT" button is used, the message you send is appended to the URL and subject of the post being reported. The PM is sent to each moderator.We keep a running record who deletes the most spam. The winner at the end of each month gets a $10 gift certificate that is valid in any liquor store around the globe.Ok, maybe everything in the second paragraph isn't true, but its s nice thought.:)

Jeez, that's how I feel right now. Commuting by bicycle in the snow makes for a cold ride!
You live in Canada? I don't have any snow here yet but I can't wait to drive in snow with AWD :)
yes, when the "REPORT" button is used, the message you send is appended to the URL and subject of the post being reported. The PM is sent to each moderator.We keep a running record who deletes the most spam. The winner at the end of each month gets a $10 gift certificate that is valid in any liquor store around the globe.Ok, maybe everything in the second paragraph isn't true, but its s nice thought.:)
But wait there's more!!! The runner up gets a NEW CAR! :blink: A brand new yugo! fantastic! :)

Hmm, I like that idea. Just give me a year and 5 days to turn 20, so I can use it in Norway. :)Choco has some turning-21 to do for that prize to be any good.

I live in Nova Scotia (Canada) and we do not have snow yet. We usually get it around mid to late December and it hangs around until late March.Alberta got around 30 cm of snow last week. I buddy of mine that is in the military spent a month in Cold Lake, Alberta living in a tent (training to go on tour). He said the last week he was ther was around -29 C (but no snow) :)Here is is ranging between +2 and +15 C

Justsomeguy did you create a new account under the name Tarte and referred yourself to be a mod? :)
Probably just basing it on Justsomeguy's postcount.

I think that if you guys Take 1 or 2 peaple that has been devoted to the forum for a long time, that would do the job. Peaple like ''Justsomeguy'' would do a really good job.Just my opinion^^
That would work for a few weeks. As the forum grows so does the amount of spam. Having more mods to deal witht he increasing spam is not a good solution. We need to find a way to decrease spam. Since most spam is from spam bots we have implemented some anti-bot measures on the registration process. We'll see if this cuts down on the spam.

I was driving to work this morning and it was 65F out. Brrrrr.. I needed a jacket.
LOL, my wife is from Pheonix. I laugh all the time at what she considers cold.

same here only 2-3 days/year. I never plugged in any of my cars and they all started one shot! This is my first winter with the subaru we'll see how it starts for the driving I think I can handle it :)

Oh yeah? Well it gets to 48C/120F here in the summer. I saw it snow here once, some of it stuck on a mountain. That was like 15 years ago. Of course, in the desert the temperature drops a lot really quickly. It snows out there.
Do you panic, like my wife's family, whenever the weather forecast calls for showers?
What!? You can't drive to the store, it's supposed to rain!

Oh yeah? Well it gets to 48C/120F here in the summer. I saw it snow here once, some of it stuck on a mountain. That was like 15 years ago. Of course, in the desert the temperature drops a lot really quickly. It snows out there.
The average summer temp here is 28C, it does get up to 30-32C but hasn't gone much over that in years. The highest I ever remember it getting is 37-38C but that was a number of years ago.