DataConstraint Exception with Junction Table

Abbasi

I am quoting a clear example of the Junction table, in Northwind sample database.When employing this database in a DataGrid, I receive DataConstraint Exception Error in the Junction table "Order Details" or in the "Orders" table, with the following error message:"Failed to enable constraints. One or more rows contain values violating non-null, unique, or foreign-key constraints."On displaying one of the errant tables, each row complains as below:"ForeignKeyConstraint, Shipper_Order (for example) requires the child key values ????? to exist in the parent table.NOTES: 1- I established Relations just according to the ones in MS Access application.2- The Same Database is Functioning normally inside MS Access application.3- I am mainly concerned about the Junction table.I need professional guidance as this is a study project, I am working on.

I am quoting a clear example of the Junction table, in Northwind sample database.When employing this database in a DataGrid, I receive DataConstraint Exception Error in the Junction table "Order Details" or in the "Orders" table, with the following error message:"Failed to enable constraints. One or more rows contain values violating non-null, unique, or foreign-key constraints."On displaying one of the errant tables, each row complains as below:"ForeignKeyConstraint, Shipper_Order (for example) requires the child key values ????? to exist in the parent table.NOTES: 1- I established Relations just according to the ones in MS Access application.2- The Same Database is Functioning normally inside MS Access application.3- I am mainly concerned about the Junction table.I need professional guidance as this is a study project, I am working on.

ForeignKeyConstraint, Shipper_Order (for example) requires the child key values ????? to exist in the parent table. I think its a database issue . the junction table might have an id where it doesn't exist in the parent table.When you are trying to delete records in the database , delete them in the child table and then in the parent table. If we dont keep track of such things integrity might fail.

Thanks aspnetguy for the response. I found the reason of the problem. The sequence in which I filled the DataAdapters was not appropriate - the rule is load the Parent table before the Child table, otherwise meet the problem.