Java tutorials

The Java language is a huge subject for an online tutorial. In addition to Java syntax, you need to know things like the principles of object-oriented programming, among other things like the different development tools.If you want a Java tutorial, there's probably no better place then the source:http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/

I'm taking a java course soon.Here's the stupid nonsense code I just made.....Hello.java

class Hello{	public static void main(String[] args) {		short fNum = 3;		short sNum = 4;		String explain = "The remainder of the 4 divided by 3 is ";	   int myVar = sNum%fNum;	   if(myVar == 1){	   myVar++;	   }	   else{	   	myVar = 0;	   }		System.out.println(explain+myVar+".");	}}

If you want to develop Java, download the Java SDK. SDK stands for Software Development Kit. It includes tools that do not come with the runtime environment. The Java runtime environment is called a virtual machine (JVM), and it is used to run Java code locally. Java is not a web language that you can run locally, it's more of a high-level object-oriented language that you can happen to run through a JVM loaded into a web browser.

I whas thing wy does w3schools does not have a Java tutorial.Or isn't it a w3 standard., but Flash is on the site is that a w3 standard ?that whas all

There are several things not on the w3schools site. I suppose the primary reason is because the people who write the tutorials don't have time to do a tutorial on something like Java. Search the Suggestions forum for Java to read more about Java and w3schools.The W3C also does not regulate Java, Flash, PHP, ASP, Javascript, and several other things that are on the w3schools site.

• 1 month later...

It's not likely, as said many times before this is only for Web languages. Maybe if we got a motivated JSP (Java Server Pages) member they would consider making a forum. Sorta like they did with Coldfusion for Skemcin :)

True, but it's not a common web language. It's more powerful as desktop applications and such. Maybe if I come to be MM, they'll add a Java forum, it was just a suggestion, because it would probably attract more members.

It does depend, you actually see more applets than you think. Its alot more powerful than flash to :). It can connect to database and such *wooooo*. :) I'm learning it right now to. What are you working on sniffy?

I just finished all of the basics, creating objects, methods, classes, dislaying output, dialog boxes, data fields, etc.The book assumes you have no programming background so it covers everything in detail. I'm taking a course at Fanshawe so I have to do things in order.I'd like to take a look at more (G)UI like JApplets, JFrames, etc.