IE doesn't work where Firefox Does

Guest jatredies

Guest jatredies

URL : http://www.chaparral86.com/active.htmlCSS: http://www.chaparral86.com/chap.cssOn IE, it doesn't even seem to recognise the style sheet. It works just fine on Firefox. Any thoughts?Here is the text of my CSS:NORM { font-family:"Tahoma", "Verdana", sans-serif; color:black; font-size:10pt; }ACTIVE { font-family:"Tahoma", "Verdana", sans-serif; color:black; font-size:10pt; font-weight:bold; }UPDATE { font-family:"Tahoma", "Verdana", sans-serif; color:red; font-size:10pt; font-weight:bold }H1 { font-family:"Tahoma", "Verdana", sans-serif; color:black; font-size:18pt; font-weight:bold; }ALPH { font-family:"Tahoma", "Verdana", sans-serif; color:black; font-size:12pt; font-weight:bold; }

Just a small thing, you could try embedding a couple of echo statements to make sure your css file is actually being parsed by the server.Also, you don't have any div markers, could it be that your sections aren't getting the appropriate html as the server isn't parsing the sections properly?Try adding a <div id="NORM"> </div> etc around some text and see what happens.You've also defined things like H1, but not used them as far as I can see.Looking at the html produced by your page in both FF and IE, they look the same. There are differences in the "standard" available fonts between IE and FireFox however, which could also explain some of the differences.Note: I'm quite new to this stuff as well, so hopefully someone with more experience can shed even more light on your situation. I hope I haven't confused the issue too much.

kk border problem fix.copy and paste the following into your stylesheet:

.inside {	border: 1px solid #000000; 	border-collapse: collapse; }	.inside td {	border: 1px solid #000000; }.main {	border: 3px solid #D3D3D3; }

now... after your anchor list and your legend your main table begins... copy and paste the following BEFORE the table

<table width="40%" class="main" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="650">

next... where you have the table tag for beginning of the names table make it read the following:

<table width="100%" class="inside" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="3">

then after the closing table tag put the following just to make the markup valid

</td></tr></table>

and there we go both IE and FF display your table border as they are in FF.as for IE not recognizing the existance of the stylesheet, or IE not using the stylesheet, it does know it's there... for it to use the NORM ACTIVE UPDATE ALPH e.t.c. you need to play with your coding a bit..NORM.ACTIVE.UPDATE.ALPHyou must have the dot (.) before the class name. then where you want the style to appear using the following:

<span class="UPDATE">Acosta, Lilliana (Jacob)</span>

notes: try to avoid using CAPS where un-needed.in interest of search engines its best to put the <title> tag before everything else in the head section.need any help or find this kinda complicated email is yup_1@yahoo.com