Screen Video Capture Software (Freeware)

Alluring

Just uploaded a new (it should be mentioned that it is free) video screen capture program from a site last night. I had a hard time finding the best one for me (which I acknowledge isn't the same for everyone) and I thought this post might save some time for others. I started wanting a screen video capture that will record my actions and audio input from my microphone. After using the wrong programs to record myself using graphic editing applications and giving tutorials, I ended up wasting a lot of my time (around 5 hours). So in order to save some others from headaches I wanted to post my best finding. hypercamhttp://www.hyperionics.com/hc/ video output set to AVI but can be changed to WMV. Quality is what can be expected for a free program and matches that of the other free contenders. The download and install took less than a minute (honestly). Other programs that I used which didn't work for me include CamStudio and Jing. The free version of CamStudio crashed quite a bit; I had to turn off my stylus tablet to get it to work. Jing had some limitations that slowed down my workflow. Let me know what you like to use or if you came to the same solution as I did. I hope this was helpful.

This may or may not be relevant (there's no way of knowing) but my computer was infected by a virus shortly after down loading hypercam. Only good news is that I managed to get most of the virus off (still some stuff popping up in browsers but OS is good now) and I'm back up in running. Just want to point out that this occurred within 24 hours of downloading this software. I'm not sure if it's related or not.-updateAgainst my own better judgement I re-downloaded and gave it a second shot and no new virus thus far.

Archived