Which Programming Language To Learn?

jomalig

Hello and good day to all,

My name is Jose, I'm new here and this is my first post. If in case I violate any of the policies here in anyway, please let me know and correct me.

I am not a programmer but I'm very willing to learn. I don't know much about programming, but what I do know is it requires a lot of thinking, logic and time and that's fine with me.

Since I don't know anything about programming, therefore, I also don't know which one to learn.

But I know what kind of program that I want to make. By the way, I want to learn programming primarily to be a hobby and also

to use it in my work, to make my work much easier and faster.

I want a web base program which I can use online and also using my localhost. A program that uses database wherein I can add, edit and delete records.

To have an idea of what I mean, below are links of the programs that I made. Please don't edit and specially don't delete anything in there. thanks :D

1. MI FREIGHT

2. HS CODES

3. LASKM

You might be wondering how was I able to made these wherein I don't know anything about programming.

I was able to made these using a software wherein it doesn't require much knowledge in computer programming.

Using that software, I did not write even a single code or script to those samples I mentioned above.

However, the options are very limited and the software is a demo/trial only. I said to myself, Instead of purchasing the software, why not learn programming.

Now going back to my question, which programming language should I learn so that I can make programs like these?

I have work and I'm working 6 days a week. I can use my day off to go to school and enroll for a programming class.

I cannot afford to enroll to a wrong class. I don't want to waste my time and money in learning a program which I cannot use

to make the program I like. So which programming language is good for me to learn?

Some are saying PHP and or ASP but some are saying that I should learn visual basic first before learning these languages.

I also learned that ASP is now a language. So it makes me confuse.

Some are saying C# and C++

So please advice me and I'm sorry if my post is long :)

Thanks and thanks in advance. :)

Rather than learning a language perhaps you should just learn WordPress? The basic problem for you is that any website uses several languages. In general a dynamic website will use HTML, CSS, Javascript, SQL, and a server-side language such as PHP or ASP.

With WordPress you will still use these various languages but usually you will copy snippets of example code and then make rather obvious changes to customize the example code.

https://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Lessons

If I told you to learn Php that language alone would not allow you to create a website. If I told you to learn C# that language alone would not allow you to create a website. If I told you to learn HTML that language alone would allow you to only create very crude, ugly static websites. HTML is the only single language that can create a website, but alone it is very limited.

Dear Dubai Newbie,

I am also new comer to w3schools forum. I found you are too well-sophisticated on learning direction. Actually learning happens anytime, energy waste is a must for the growth of programmer. Most important is to build your programming environment and accumulate your learning resources.

I would like to be your friend,

My skype: liuqunlinibm123

Email: info@liuqunli.cn

Best Regards

Alex