Dont know how to edit buttons in CSS, can some please help me.

KrAaY

Hello people, I am Rik for Holland and i have setup my own website and trying to understand how it all works, and am doing okay for the most part because i use wordpress, but when it comes to coding i really have no clue.

After so much trying by myself i came here to ask some questions about how to code the css.

I have tried in numerous ways to edit these buttons,

http://www.huisman-bv.nl/?page_id=364

i want to change "apply coupon'' to ''waardebon toevoegen''

But i cant because i don't understand the structure and the code.

i have tried using the code style localizer plugin for wordpress, but it does not localize the words i am trying to edit.

i want to learn how to code anyway, so it's not really a big deal. ( i thought) :fool:

So i started to explore to style sheets and the functions.php, but i have really not clue what to write down in the style.css in order to change the text.

I know that i have to start with .button and then followed by some code in order to see changes.

But i dont see how to do that, also both my child and my original css sheets are empty. I cant find the word i try to edit anywhere in any files.

I do inspect element (firebug) and edit the word from english to dutch, but after i have done that. i have no idea what to copy to the style sheet.

I have tried hard to find it out on myself first, but i don't see the structure of it all, can u guys and girls help me learn how to do it please ?

it all started here,

http://theme.co/x/member/forums/topic/a-whole-lot-of-errors-and-i-dont-know-where-to-begin/#post-124721

Edited by KrAaY

Hello Niche,

here is the button, http://www.huisman-bv.nl/?page_id=364

Edit:

i see now that u cant see the button, because u dont have any product(s) in the cart.

Please choose a random product here,

http://www.huisman-bv.nl/?product_cat=diversen

And put it in the cart and go to,

http://www.huisman-bv.nl/?page_id=364

Than u will see the 'apply coupon' button

Edited by KrAaY

We can do it that way. Though it would be best if you can isolate the script for the button and post it here since that's the first required step for a solution.

Sorry, what do u mean exactly by isolating the button, because text on the buttons i want to edit only appear when having a item in the cart.

When i go to,

dashboard ----> pages ----> all pages, and browse the pages that exist in that list i dont see a specific page that includes the buttons i want to edit, including the apply coupon button.

I think its a woocommerce page and not a native one ?

This would be the line of code you need to find:

<input type="submit" value="apply coupon">

Sounds like wordpress has an interface that will do that for you. We'll help you change the code. There's probably someone here that know's the interface. Please be patient.

Edited by niche

ty , i will be :)

But i do can find that line, that is not the problem, in fact i had added the following

Original line :

<input type="submit" value="Apply Coupon" name="apply_coupon" class="button">

The code + translation :

<input type="submit" value="waardebon toevoegen" name="apply_coupon" class="button">

To the syle.css, but its not enough...it need some code in order to let wordpress know, what and where to change.

i dont see the structure of it all, it does not make sense to me yet.

xvpyo.jpg

I would like to know how to edit all the english words to dutch.

Edited by KrAaY

You might want to research (using search engines) to see if there are language packages for that plug-in or to see how other people did it. Often the code that writes out the HTML for the plug-in is embedded deep within a lot of PHP.

My website is wp-based too, usually I ask a friend to modify it's codes (appearance-editor), but in your case, Ingolme's right, you shouldn't modify your wp-themes codes, contact woocommerce instead to see their documentations. For example: it seems to me that the page above (the one with the coupon button) controls with wc-cart-functions.php. Ask woocommerce to see if you can modify their script.

You might want to research (using search engines) to see if there are language packages for that plug-in or to see how other people did it. Often the code that writes out the HTML for the plug-in is embedded deep within a lot of PHP.

The dutch language package is installed, still it has not translated these buttons.

My website is wp-based too, usually I ask a friend to modify it's codes (appearance-editor), but in your case, Ingolme's right, you shouldn't modify your wp-themes codes, contact woocommerce instead to see their documentations. For example: it seems to me that the page above (the one with the coupon button) controls with wc-cart-functions.php. Ask woocommerce to see if you can modify their script.

Oke i will, ty all.