posting file as a part of a form (user click - photos are uploaded)- post tehm to php script

roberto68

I need to do a simple task user selects on Dropdown list - whether to take, or upload picture - and then whole from (the picture is the part of this form is send to php script so it can be saved to Database. so i google a bit but I'm still confused a little. so here's what I'm using

//the javascript$("takePhoto").change(function() {  // cchek - DDlist state change    if(this.checked) {        addPhotos();            }                                }function takeAction(){ $("#addPlace").submit();                               }function addPhotos() {    var takePicture = document.querySelector("#take-picture"),        showPicture = document.querySelector("#show-picture");    if (takePicture && showPicture) {        // Set events        takePicture.onchange = function (event) {            // Get a reference to the taken picture or chosen file            var files = event.target.files,                file;            if (files && files.length > 0) {                file = files[0];                try {                    // Get window.URL object                    var URL = window.URL || window.webkitURL;                    // Create ObjectURL                    var imgURL = URL.createObjectURL(file);                    // Set img src to ObjectURL                    showPicture.src = imgURL;                    // Revoke ObjectURL                    URL.revokeObjectURL(imgURL);                }                catch (e) {                    try {                        // Fallback if createObjectURL is not supported                        var fileReader = new FileReader();                        fileReader.onload = function (event) {                            showPicture.src = event.target.result;                        };                        fileReader.readAsDataURL(file);                    }                    catch (e) {                        //                        var error = document.querySelector("#error");                        if (error) {                            error.innerHTML = "Neither createObjectURL or FileReader are supported";                        }                    }                }            }        };    }}
//and finally the php.... $photo=$_POST['take-picture'];
<form id="addPlace" action="set_coords.php" enctype="multipart/form-data">                        <input type="text" name="location" id="location" visibility="hidden" />                        Location: <input name="address" type="text" id="address" /><input type="hidden" name="total" id="total"/>  Add Playground photos <select id="uploadType" ><option type="file" name="takePhoto" id="take-picture" accept="image/*"/>                        <option type="file" id="upload" onclick="upload();">Upload a photo</option>  <!-- funckia upload - definovatv global js -->                        </select>                        <input type="checkbox" id="photo_boolean" />        </form>

is that all I need?

I'm not sure what you're doing with the select list. Option elements do not have type attributes. If you want to do a file upload you need to use an input element with the type set to file, not an option element. In PHP, uploaded files will be in the $_FILES array, not $_POST.